•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new guy

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: new guy

he meant KDM style, if he really did say JDM, honda fit owners would try to find him

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

sorry i havent been on awhile guys. when i bought my aveo it had a small ding in it that the dealership said they would fix. i told them i do body work and paint, so they better do a mint job or ill notice it. needless to say, the first paint job was good, but not great. i could see the filler behind the paint, so i told them to put more paint down. a week goes by, and i get the car back. they decided (intentionally, or unintentionally, i dont know but i wasnt laughing) they painted two doors (damage was teh size of a 50 cent piece) and it had the worst orange peel ive ever seen. So after i ripped everyone a new asshole, i refused to pay for the car because they destroyed this one. So they gave me a new car and here it is. I didnt feel like coming on the forum looking at parts for my new car if i havent even seen it for almost a month. sooooooo

so i finally have my NEW NEW aveo. Even though i had this rough experience, i would honestly say i would purchase from this dealership again. They never put up a fuss about giving me a new car, which im sure cost them a lot of money by buying out my loan to give me a new loan, so on and so forth. They honestly treated me good even with an unfortunate mishap of poor paint skills.

my previous aveo was a metallic grey, this is just grey. the metallic grey looked a hell of a lot better, but its a daily driver, as long its not yellow, white, or black, who cares what color it is.

so heres my new car. ...again.

1.6L no a/c

it looks like a super small car, but the seats fold back twice, so it can store a butt load if i need to. whats sad is that i dont have power windows, but i have full onstar service. figures.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

and what wrong with yellow?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      white, black and yellow are hard colors to keep clean.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myfakeevo
      my previous aveo was a metallic grey, this is just grey. the metallic grey looked a hell of a lot better, but its a daily driver, as long its not yellow, white, or black, who cares what color it is.
      This one is actually called "Cosmic Silver". It's exactly the same as mine. Nice car, I personally like the "Medium Grey" one better too, but darker colors are harder to keep clean and show all the scratches. Now you just need the factory fog lights like I have.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      This one is actually called "Cosmic Silver". It's exactly the same as mine. Nice car, I personally like the "Medium Grey" one better too, but darker colors are harder to keep clean and show all the scratches. Now you just need the factory fog lights like I have.

agreed. it will be the first thing id liek to get, if you could point me in the right direction thatd be great

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      white, black and yellow are hard colors to keep clean.

saved your self there i guess. i never wash mine, except when it rains. and it usually looks good enough to get some attention in parking lots.

and he can point you in the direction i too for fog lights :P

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

i will probably put 3000k hid fogs in it, i dont like it when people put hids in non-hid cars, but its fogs, hopefully it wont be to blinding, i hate that.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

i have to clean my car every weekend due to the bugs and tar, does not really get that dirty, though this girl with a yellow lancer at work has not cleaned her car in a year or so, hence the layers of dirt on it

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

i will probably put 3000k hid fogs in it, i dont like it when people put hids in non-hid cars, but its fogs, hopefully it wont be to blinding, i hate that.
      The light spread with 3000K in the fogs is not blinding at all. That's what I have in mine. You will have to modify the housing on the back a little to make HID's fit, but it's easy. There's a plug cap on the back of the foglight that you will have to cut off and then silicone the rubber grommet on the HID's in it's place. I get all my HID's from VVME.com, but one of our members "thebarber" is an HID dealer on here. You may talk to him and see what kind of deal he has.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast