•  

Thread: Hello from Tucson!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Hello from Tucson!

Hey everyone, I just bought an 05 Aveo LS a few days ago, it's such a great little car, it's aqua colored, in great condition, it's a 'Value model', everything is manual, doors, locks, no cruise(Saddens me). I'm looking to do some work on it, it needs a new drivers door lock(outside, where you put the key), a new knob for the passenger window handle, and the plastic hinge for the gas tank door as it's broken off. I'm looking to do small things to the engine, cold air, etc, could anyone give me any affordable ideas to do with the car?

Thanks
      Welcome to the site.

A popular mod for everyone seems to be the chromeintakes kit from ebay. There is also a crankshaft underdrive pulley available that we recently did a group buy on that gives a good bang for the buck (see the ad at the top of the page). Other than that, I'd suggest a rear sway bar from ultra racing to tighten up the rear end for better handling.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      and add cruise for $30.. er wait,, 05? nevermind. :P

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      The grill mod is free and takes about 5 minutes to do. as for the gas door, depending on which portion of the hinge youre talking about, chevy quoted me $40 for the gas door which is unpainted. as Daox stated alot of people go for the chromeintakes intake system, I decided to go for the expensive AEM. lowering springs is a great idea, their are several companies with springs for about $200 give or take, its a huge improvement on handling. you can also check out craigslist, you may be able to find decent rims and tires for $2-300. be patient and figure out what you may want to do and just keep your eyes out for deals. if you find something you want but dont know how to install, chances are, their is a write up for it on here, or someone that can tell you how its done.