•  

Thread: Hello from Australia

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Hello from Australia

Hi Everyone,

so glad i finally found a site for my car, i own a Holden Barina TK, 2005 model, the first of the barinas when holden changed models.

As much as i see everyone here loves their car, for me this car is a piece of crap, too many issues and none which a dealer can fix, my troubles started with creaking and moaning suspension which the dealers fix was to lube it up, which only lasted a few months and the sound was back.

The next was the fuel economy, the car used to get 550kms to the tank, now it gets 400km. Dealership said o2 sensors need replacing at a cost of $578 each, i told them to stick that where the sun dont shine and proceeded to find my own for $150 each and changed them myself, light on the dash went away but the fuel economy was still very bad.

next was the gasket seals went and proceeded to leak oil into the spark plugs and i noticed whilst going 100km/hr down the freeway it started to go crazy and proceed to stop.

the car has only done 80,000km but it acts like it has done 200k +

the only good thing about the car were the tyres, the back tyres have lasted me 80,000kms which i am i happy with.

Anyway, gonna enjoy looking around the forum and see if i can resolve some of my issues from others experiences.

Cheers
      Ozbarina

Thanks
      Welcome to the site. I hope you find what you're looking for. If not, ask!