•  

Thread: Hello! [Moncton, Canada]

Casual Roadtripper RicochetRandy's Avatar
      Thanks

Wink Hello! [Moncton, Canada]

Hey there! Lurker for a little while and figured I'd stop being a creep and start contributing!

I'm a humble min wage worker, so I'm not exactly rolling in dough, but I always manage to scrounge up cash here and there, and with Alex (2005 LS Sedan, Active Red) I've finally got something to spend it on!

Alex has a lot of sentimental value to me, and so he's going to remain mostly stock, with a few minor DIY touches that I'll do to him!

No, I don't believe he's alive or anything, that's just how valuable he is to me; crossed the line from it to he!

In any case, now that you're about to fall asleep, I can't wait to myself! (It's four am here!) Expect to see a few posts incoming as I work to restore my old friend

Thanks
      Welcome to the non-lurking side.

What things did you want to do to Alex? (that sounds weird haha)

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Dear Randy |Welcome to the forum. How many KM on your aveo. If you are anywhere near 100,000 km and your Aveo, Wave or Swift+ has not had a new timing belt, tensioner, and water pump get it done immediately. We have 4 aveos/waves/swifts at our house and over the years have ruined 2 engines due the failure of timing belt teeth, and the exploding tensioner on the timing belt. I spend lots of time at the local Edmonton pick your part yard and the number 1 reason for aveos death is not battle damage but timing belts and tensioners. I spent 6 months looking for a wreck with a good head and /or engine and all I found were blown engines. Other than this they are great little cars when equipped with the right tires for the weather. If your GM dealer tells you it is time to change these bits, he is not trolling for pocket money, he is giving you a serious warning, heed it. Rocky

Casual Roadtripper RicochetRandy's Avatar
      Thanks
      First Daox!

I plan on foremost restoring as close as I can to near new condition (a lofty goal, I know!), then just small personalizations such as leathery vinyl on the door inserts, maybe some plasti-dip fun. My goal is mileage and reliability, I don't expect much more in the way of performance!

And Rocky, he's got ~176,000 on him, but not to worry, the pulleys, tensioners, belt and water pump are all being replaced Saturday! Until then he's parked while I putter away at small things. I don't want to risk that belt going or grenading plastic tensioners D:

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Sounds like a bit of DIYing...awesome! :P Although i am no longer in Moncton, I will be visiting on the 15th, would be cool to meet you and Alex