•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ahoy hoy from oklahoma!

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: ahoy hoy from oklahoma!

yes the throttle position sensor.

what you are thinking of is the pedal position sensor. a throttle position sensor is on what the name says. THROTTLE. and it tells its position. based on resistance being read on a 5v line going in. its a basic potentiometer.

the pedal position sensor works the same way, but on the pedal. the variation of resistance on the pedal determines how far open the ECM is telling the throttle to open. the TPS reads how far the throttle is opening to adjust other variations in the fuel trim. its goes on and gets pretty complicated from then.

what went bad was the throttle position sensor. thats what the code scanner read. if it was the throttle blade actuator, there would be a code for that. its just a stepper motor like an IAC solenoid.

PEDAL POSITION SENSOR

THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR

Everything is custom because we cant afford to do it right.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: ahoy hoy from oklahoma!

i didnt realize the aveo has a tps on top of the pedal drive by wire system. I have an 09, so there are a lot of slight differences.

I will have to look at my throttle body closely when i put my oem intake back on because it will perform better than my cai.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12