Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: summer rubber

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG
      Agreed: those look nice on the Yaris. When's the supercharger going on?
      MetroMPG,

Supercharger would defeat the whole purpose of a subcompact MPG-minded fun car, wouldn't it?! But then if they made a super-charger for our aveos - I'd get one in a heartbeat as soon as I get my new job.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Actually with supercharger or turbo and proper programming you can add minimal mpg, or at least experience no loss. I personally think it is because it takes less pedal to get the same movement..

if you do turbo it and got with a taller final drive, you will pick up mpg on the highway.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

tires are champiro hpz's or something....seem decent so far, but they came on the wheels and they have lots of tread

im likely going to have to repaint the wheels at some point as they've been used in the winter and the finish is bubbling in a couple spots....i was going to do them black as i like the look best on the red yaris

supercharger is ideally going on this summer, just have to figure out the wiring and make a throttle body adapter since the s/c is from an xb, not a yaris. mileage shouldnt be too different w/ a tune, but i will have to run 91 octane vs 87

im lowered on eibach prokits right now which are about 1" front and rear, but i have megan coilovers in my garage that i took off last fall for the winter.....they should be going on next weekend. the wheel gap looks worse now that i have the summers on too....ill likely run about another 1/2" or inch lower in the front and rear....

i'll also be installing a dc header i picked up a few months ago...

i think i answered everyones questions...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      Actually with supercharger or turbo and proper programming you can add minimal mpg, or at least experience no loss. I personally think it is because it takes less pedal to get the same movement..

if you do turbo it and got with a taller final drive, you will pick up mpg on the highway.
      C'mon rabbit, don't tell me that you would keep your foot of the pedal just to keep your MPG if you had a supercharger installed. I can hardly believe that.. it would require very strong will power. At least for me it would be close to impossible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebarber
      tires are champiro hpz's or something....seem decent so far, but they came on the wheels and they have lots of tread

im likely going to have to repaint the wheels at some point as they've been used in the winter and the finish is bubbling in a couple spots....i was going to do them black as i like the look best on the red yaris

supercharger is ideally going on this summer, just have to figure out the wiring and make a throttle body adapter since the s/c is from an xb, not a yaris. mileage shouldnt be too different w/ a tune, but i will have to run 91 octane vs 87

im lowered on eibach prokits right now which are about 1" front and rear, but i have megan coilovers in my garage that i took off last fall for the winter.....they should be going on next weekend. the wheel gap looks worse now that i have the summers on too....ill likely run about another 1/2" or inch lower in the front and rear....

i'll also be installing a dc header i picked up a few months ago

i think i answered everyones questions...?
      Yes, it would look sick if it was dropped a little more... Are you planning to have a body kit on? And also, is the header cat-delete or just a performance header?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12

C'mon rabbit, don't tell me that you would keep your foot of the pedal just to keep your MPG if you had a supercharger installed. I can hardly believe that.. it would require very strong will power. At least for me it would be close to impossible.
      the yaris is our DD, so with my wife in the car to/from work its easy to keep the gas pedal inputs to a minimum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebarber
      Quote Originally Posted by serega12

the yaris is our DD, so with my wife in the car to/from work its easy to keep the gas pedal inputs to a minimum
      Very valid point, barber.... very valid point.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

That's actually one of the nicest Yaris I have seen ... very nice set of wheels/tires looks perfect!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by byron84
      That's actually one of the nicest Yaris I have seen ... very nice set of wheels/tires looks perfect!
      thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast