•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oops I Dipp'd It Again!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jnhalstead View Post
      not a dip fan anymore, after dipping the grille and spending about 5 hours trying to undip it, wasn't fun...I'm rolling around dip free now
      Why did you undip? Why was it hard?? :O

I'll keep it and add a turbo USAFzac's Avatar
      Thanks
      If you are lookin for cool rims just go to tire rack.com, they will show you what's compatible.. If you wanna go wide look up 949racing or nlmotoring (xxr wheels). Both are fair prices

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 702_AveoLT View Post
      Why did you undip? Why was it hard?? :O
      cause I was driving 120 miles a day round trip and from the months of july-october it's locust season. I think I've ran over 6,000 of them just in those months. required a lot of touchup and when I decided it was time for my once a year full service wax job I took it all off the front bumper. though the grille is impossible to get it all out of. the grille and all the other black trim pieces got a fresh coat of satin black spray paint to bring them back to life. Only thing I got dipped now is the piece on the hatch that the emblem was on. Dip is only there because I took the emblem off, sprayed the goo gone on it to get the sticky **** off and then forgot about it and went to dinner with the family and the goo gone ate the paint.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by USAFzac View Post
      If you are lookin for cool rims just go to tire rack.com, they will show you what's compatible.. If you wanna go wide look up 949racing or nlmotoring (xxr wheels). Both are fair prices
      I'll go check that out! I'm not really sure what exactly I want so I'll look at it all, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jnhalstead View Post
      cause I was driving 120 miles a day round trip and from the months of july-october it's locust season. I think I've ran over 6,000 of them just in those months. required a lot of touchup and when I decided it was time for my once a year full service wax job I took it all off the front bumper. though the grille is impossible to get it all out of. the grille and all the other black trim pieces got a fresh coat of satin black spray paint to bring them back to life. Only thing I got dipped now is the piece on the hatch that the emblem was on. Dip is only there because I took the emblem off, sprayed the goo gone on it to get the sticky **** off and then forgot about it and went to dinner with the family and the goo gone ate the paint.
      Omg the bugs! that's just awful... I'm sorry your dip experience didn't work out that sucks about your paint... When you have a bad experience it just seems like it never ends.. Well I hope the dip does justice and doesn't give you too much hassle where you have to have it.
      Last edited by 702_AveoLT; 01-26-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks
      Wheel suggestions...well I got my 15" enkies for $300, new after trading my old fake Pegasus Vip style wheels to the shop as well. I just had my old tires put on them. It was a cheap upgrade (and actually the most expensive upgrade to date) If I would do it again I would consider 16" or 17" but I'm happy enough with what I've got. You're car looks cool so far...good luck.
      Triple Black 4 banger No highway patrol in the land of smiles

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      sweet looking projectors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12