•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2009 Chevy Aveo

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Oh dear, I forgot about you, you own a W body? It like knocking out two birds with one stone then!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Z34guy View Post
      Monte seats too harsh? My dad has a bad back too and he never once complained about my Monte's seats. He complained about how much lower to the ground my car is then his, (making it somewhat difficult to get into) but the seats were always described as comfy and supportive. As for features, at the time, the Monte's feature put it ahead of it's class with it's standard features. Onstar wasn't added to the Monte's though until 2000 I believe.
      If the choice were completely mine, IDK what I would've went with. A brand new car in excellent shape, excellent for my lack of driving experience (I learned the hard way that I can't be trusted with a high perf car yet). Or a car that was used, and looked horrid in some areas, but would've made a fun senior project for high school if I had the money. Maybe I would've went with the Monte Carlo if I had the money to throw around for it. But as I said, I loved how the Aveo I picked out looked, and I have yet to run into any major problems with the car.

But the seat thing was extremely irritating for my dad. When you think of it being a '98, consider possibly how many people have driven that car, and their car care habits. Also, a quote from Jeff Foxworthy: "Buying a used rental car is kind of like going to a house of ill repute looking for a wife. Anything that's been driven that hard by that many people, you really don't want to put your key in it." Not that this Monte Carlo was a rental as far as I knew, but it could have been somewhere down the line.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Yea Blue 2nd gen Hatch! that makes....2 of us? Welcome to the forum.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet104 View Post
      Yea Blue 2nd gen Hatch! that makes....2 of us? Welcome to the forum.
      Thanks. I've had some great times with that car. Even gave me an opportunity to see how much one of my friends truely knows about cars & working on them.

Thanks
      3! Assuming you count my midnight blue metallic

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
      3! Assuming you count my midnight blue metallic
      Good enough for me! Welcome to the club!

Thanks
      There are a few things that I have considered doing with that car. I do wanna tint my windows at some point. And I wanna blackout my interior a little. I mean, alot. Someone on this forum used this carbon fiber vinyl on the silver parts throughout his Aveo, and it looked great. I wanna go with that. I also wanna order replacement parts for the pillars, as well as the headliner and the components that are there (all in black, of course). I'm just not a fan of 50/50 colored interiors for some odd reason...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the headliner etc are not available in black, but you can do it with interior dye, and plastic interior paint.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      the headliner etc are not available in black, but you can do it with interior dye, and plastic interior paint.
      I found a site where I could order the headliner & pillars, but it would be a whole hell lot cheaper just to paint everything myself. The headliner alone would cost $145.93. The pillars as a left side kit for the upper & a right side kit for the upper would be $52.52 altogether. Then the handles by the doors would be like $10 or so. But I guess a couple cans of interior paint could get the same results for a cheaper price.

Here's the site that I checked out btw: http://www.partswebsite.com/simongmparts/

They don't show a picture of the product, just a diagram of the area that the part would go at. That's my only complaint about the site.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      if that is the site you are ordering from, its only available in tan and light grey from the factory, so they would not be able to sell you a black anything you are after.

remove it all, get it painted to match the rest of the interior (dupont makes a great interior vinyl available at most body shops using dupont) the headliner would need fabric dyed or wrapped, and the visors would need wrapped most likely..

when its all done, clean it up and then reinstall.. done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast