•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: drifting

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

drifting

we would probably punch a kid in the face for messing around. yet the durka durkas could careless.

[youtube:auzmn331]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SkDqPRo7rg[/youtube:auzmn331]

Banned
      Thanks

Re: drifting

that pisses me off to no end. Not the fact that they're using an Aveo but that they call that drifting. That's just extreme weight transfer at high speed. I'd love to see them try REAL drifting.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

someone i know lost thier license for a year for drifting in the streets, never really been a big fan of drifting (mainly an import motorsport) it look like they were drifting in a way, but i still cant figure out how anybody even trys to really drift in a FF car?

Banned
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo
      someone i know lost thier license for a year for drifting in the streets, never really been a big fan of drifting (mainly an import motorsport) it look like they were drifting in a way, but i still cant figure out how anybody even trys to really drift in a FF car?
      My Monte is FWD and of all the FWD cars I've ever driven, W-bodies actually drift surprisingly easily with no real effort. Let off the throttle at the right moment in a turn and the rear end will come out to play. I think it was designed into the chassis as a throwback to the RWD G-body it replaced.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

most people would call that instability.

i can drift in my corolla.

Banned
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      most people would call that instability.

i can drift in my corolla.
      >3,500 lbs coupe
      >unstable
      wat?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Weight doesn't always determine stability. And you can drift in any car, you just can't power slide in fwd car. But you can always slide sideways if you have a hand e-brake. If you got one of those you gotta step on - it won't work so well.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Banned
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      Weight doesn't always determine stability. And you can drift in any car, you just can't power slide in fwd car. But you can always slide sideways if you have a hand e-brake. If you got one of those you gotta step on - it won't work so well.
      Mine has an e-brake pedal... which seems to be a W-body staple....

I'll keep it and add a turbo MatchboxKiller's Avatar
      Thanks

my buddy had a lumina he used to mess around in the school parking lots with. he got it loose and would "drift" with the floor pedal parking brake. not that good for actual drifting and in courses, but it can be done
      E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

Banned
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MatchboxKiller
      my buddy had a lumina he used to mess around in the school parking lots with. he got it loose and would "drift" with the floor pedal parking brake. not that good for actual drifting and in courses, but it can be done
      He did it wrong. What he'd need is
      1: a W-body engine that isn't anemic. Easier to get up to speed. 95% of Lumina's have the anemic 3.1L 3100. I have the 3.4L DOHC so I'm good. other suggestions are the 3.8L 3800 V6, the supercharged 3800 V6, the LG5 turbocharged 3.1L v6 and the LS4 5300 5.3L V8.
      2: Stop using the e-brake. if you've got enough speed when turning, let off the gas (you have to experiment to find the sweet spot first) and the rear will swing out naturally, then get on it again and the car can make some awesome transitions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast