•  
    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Aveo Sedan Cruise Control Install

Wants moh powah
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Here is a pic of where the cruise control indicator would be on the US instrument cluster.

I circled both missing LED spots because I can't remember which one is cruise, but you get the idea?

Link with more pictures for reference. I know your dash looks much different.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/a...44/index5.html

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Sorry GM, the Turbo Sonic was priced too close to the Focus ST. I gots me a Ford.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wylee For This Useful Post:

Orange_Crush (09-14-2018)

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
      Here is a pic of where the cruise control indicator would be on the US instrument cluster.

I circled both missing LED spots because I can't remember which one is cruise, but you get the idea?

Link with more pictures for reference. I know your dash looks much different.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/a...44/index5.html
      the Top one is for the Cruise light, because I just checked my Owner's Manual, and there is Nothing in the Bottom Spot. (and you just gave me hope in having a DIC for MY Aveo!)

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      THANK YOU for this post, followed it for my cruise install, works perfectly. *Dances*

Much easier to do to with my car, as the regular location didn't match what was posted, and there were a couple more wires and was a bit confusing.

Jumped on the highway, pressed the set button, felt the cruise grab and off I went not holding the gas WOOHOO!

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hello to everyone, first of all sorry about my english, i am spanish and i am learning.

I would like to add cruise control to my european AVEO. In my country the Aveo wasn't sold with cruise control but when i saw this thread i said to me "i want it" . I asked to Chevrolet Spain and they told me that this could not be done because any Aveo sold in Spain had cruise control, but i would like to know your opinion.

It is an Aveo 1.4 100HP gas, manual transmission.

Here is a photo of my baby:
      Name:  19072012009.jpg
Views: 3709
Size:  61.4 KB

My Aveo is driven by wire, here are two photos of my throttle and one from the engine:
      Name:  19072012014.jpg
Views: 3741
Size:  58.8 KB Name:  19072012013.jpg
Views: 3681
Size:  80.0 KB Name:  19072012015.jpg
Views: 3471
Size:  48.9 KB

Here is a photo of the connector behind the knee pannel:
      Name:  20072012.jpg
Views: 5785
Size:  68.1 KB

Here is a photo of the brake plug:
      Name:  20072012002.jpg
Views: 4419
Size:  60.9 KB

My instrument pannel doesn't have the cruise control indicator (the lower one) i saw on another post to install cruise in Aveo 04-08, i only have one light for 120km/h warning. Is this ok?

So, what do you think? If i buy the switch would it work? Does my car have the cruise control program available at the onboard computer o would i have to upload it?

Thank you very much.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      you need to patch into (i think) the brown and silver wires on the column harness that goes to the clock spring.
      My understanding is that all drive by wire aveos are accepting the cruise switch.

Thanks
      I am sorry, but the photos didn't showed the right colors .

The connector is Green, Brown with yellow line and Blue. But in the original post (the firs one made by Bart R Orlans) the plug seems to have more than 3 cables and mine only have 3 cables.

And what do you think about not having the cruise indicator on instrument panel and having a 120km/h warning? Would this be a problem?

Thanks.
      Last edited by farru1981; 07-20-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Added addiotional info

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by farru1981 View Post
      Hello to everyone, first of all sorry about my english, i am spanish and i am learning.

I would like to add cruise control to my european AVEO. In my country the Aveo wasn't sold with cruise control but when i saw this thread i said to me "i want it" . I asked to Chevrolet Spain and they told me that this could not be done because any Aveo sold in Spain had cruise control, but i would like to know your opinion.

It is an Aveo 1.4 100HP gas, manual transmission.

Here is a photo of my baby:

My Aveo is driven by wire, here are two photos of my throttle and one from the engine:

Here is a photo of the connector behind the knee pannel:

Here is a photo of the brake plug:

My instrument pannel doesn't have the cruise control indicator (the lower one) i saw on another post to install cruise in Aveo 04-08, i only have one light for 120km/h warning. Is this ok?

So, what do you think? If i buy the switch would it work? Does my car have the cruise control program available at the onboard computer o would i have to upload it?

Thank you very much.
      Judging by the photos you have included, nice car by the way, it appears that if you followed my instructions in my post and used the parts I used, my installation should work on your car as well. You have the same connector under the dash with the same color wires so it should all be the same as far as the connections go. I didn't attempt to hook up the cruise control indicator light so I can't say anyting about that. You don't need to bother with the brake light switch as all the cruise functions are handled by the computer. Mine has worked perfectly since I installed it including the brake shut off, resume, accel and decel functions.

Order the part I ordered, get some wire and some connectors and you should be good to go.

And by the way, your English is far better than some of my fellow countrymen, so don't be embarrassed or apologetic...you did great.

Buena suerte

Thanks
      Hi, thank you for your answer, but i have another one, you wrote in your original post:

The plug right there mounted to the reinforcement is the one you want to tap into. Tap into the brown wire at the top of the plug and the gray wire at the bottom.
      Does this means that i should connect the switch cables one into the brown and the other one (from the switch) into the blue one? Sorry, but i couldn't distinguish it from your photo:
      Name:  DSCN0198.jpg
Views: 4547
Size:  88.7 KB

Thank you
      Last edited by farru1981; 07-21-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: bad attachment

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by farru1981 View Post
      Hi, thank you for your answer, but i have another one, you wrote in your original post:

Does this means that i should connect the switch cables one into the brown and the other one (from the switch) into the blue one? Sorry, but i couldn't distinguish it from your photo:

Thank you
      There is a light gray wire in that plug with the brown wire. Those are the two wires you tap into. Leave the other color wires alone.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Bart R Orlans View Post
      There is a light gray wire in that plug with the brown wire. Those are the two wires you tap into. Leave the other color wires alone.
      Dammit, in my car the plug only have 3 wires (green, brown with a yellow stripe and blue) like this photo:
      Name:  21072012_006.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  132.1 KB

So your car has 4 wires? (green, brown, blue and gray)?

Thanks,

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast