•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Aftermarket Radio

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Installing Aftermarket Radio

HI, new to the forum and having trouble finding the appropriate dash kit, wiring harness etc for my 2007 Pontiac Wave 5 door. It is the SE 5 door model/Trim with standard tranny, sun roof and power options along with steering wheel radio controls. It would seem the dash kit and wiring harness do not have appropriate product numbers. So could someone that has installed a aftermarket head unit in their 07 Aveo Hatchback or Wave kindly provide me a list of the product codes they used for their installs? I am looking to use a single din dash kit w/pocket.

Thanks,

Jason

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Have you looked at crutchfield.com. That's where I got mine. You select your vehicle and it selects the ones that will fit with the proper trim piece and wiring harness.

Thanks
      Yes I have. The problem is when I do the search my dash is 2007 Aveo5 (hatchback) as the Wave is not a option in the 07 year. But my factory radio is that of the Sedan (same year) .... So would it be safe to assume that the dash kit is that of Aveo5 and Wiring harness and antenna adapter is that of the Sedan?

Thanks for the reply!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      That's what I went with. I have a 2007 aveo5 and bought mine from here. Everything fit perfect. They have an online chat on the site. It may not hurt to ask. Maybe they can clear that up further. Good luck!

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mrjasonc View Post
      Yes I have. The problem is when I do the search my dash is 2007 Aveo5 (hatchback) as the Wave is not a option in the 07 year. But my factory radio is that of the Sedan (same year) .... So would it be safe to assume that the dash kit is that of Aveo5 and Wiring harness and antenna adapter is that of the Sedan?

Thanks for the reply!
      You're PROBABLY right. The 2 different Metra harnesses are 70-8405 and 70-2105. To be absolutely sure, I'd recommend you pop off the trim and remove your stereo. You should be able to tell from the picture, which harness you'd need.

You'll also need an adapter to keep your steering wheel controls. And are you sure you don't want to go double DIN? "I" find them so much nicer.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIvy View Post
      You're PROBABLY right. The 2 different Metra harnesses are 70-8405 and 70-2105. To be absolutely sure, I'd recommend you pop off the trim and remove your stereo. You should be able to tell from the picture, which harness you'd need.

You'll also need an adapter to keep your steering wheel controls. And are you sure you don't want to go double DIN? "I" find them so much nicer.

The double dins are definitely a nicer install. However that said its a "form or function" thing. I am going single din so I can use a dash kit w/ pocket. The Wave I find has limited storage for things like cellphone, smokes, change etc. I am from Ontario Canada and frequently drive to New Brunswick for work (15hr drive) so I am not going for "form" it's a "function" thing.

I went with a Pioneer MVH-X370BT head unit and am going to run an old iPod shuffle to my glove box for music that plugs into a usb hub on the passenger side of the dash where I can also plug my phone for charging and an open port for the occasional friend.

That at said how many of you have a sun roof? I'm not sure where to mount my mic for hands free only because if I goto the visor like most then open the sunroof it's probably going to pick up the wind from the roof, no?

thanks again.

Thanks
      Good point about the single din. You're right, without a centre console, there isn't much space for anything you want within arms reach.

You could consider halfway up the the a-pillar. Or maybe mount it in the corner of the pocket of the dash kit? (Run the wiring through a drilled hole in the back. As long as there's still enough room for wallet, etc?) It's to pick up your voice, so I guess keeping it down away from the roof would be the best.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIvy View Post
      Good point about the single din. You're right, without a centre console, there isn't much space for anything you want within arms reach.

You could consider halfway up the the a-pillar. Or maybe mount it in the corner of the pocket of the dash kit? (Run the wiring through a drilled hole in the back. As long as there's still enough room for wallet, etc?) It's to pick up your voice, so I guess keeping it down away from the roof would be the best.
      Thats a good idea with the dash kit idea. Would keep away from any circulation of wind. Would probably echo a bit. Will have to try a couple areas and see what sounds best I guess.

I think it is all sorted out now thanks for the replies! I am really learning to like my "luxurious soda can on wheels" .... lol

Thanks
      Nevermind, I guess it is not sorted out yet. Looking at the Steering Wheel Control Modules and doesn't seem to be a "tested" unit by either PAC, Axxess or idatalink. Anyone aware of any other brands? If anyone has installed a steering wheel control module what did you use?

Thanks again

Thanks
      It's a little pricey, but this iDatalink module is manually programmable, even if you can't find a compatible setting for your Wave.

iDatalink Maestro ADS-MSW Steering Wheel Control Adapter Connects your car's steering wheel audio controls to select aftermarket car stereos at Crutchfield.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast