•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howling in the wind??

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mexitydye View Post
      I get howling every time it's windy. I don't even know where it's coming from. I notice that it stops when I crack my window, yet, the noise is not coming from the window when it is up. It sounds almost like it is coming from the roof. I have a 2007 Aveo LS. Did you figure out anything? Also...here is a question about squeeky brakes form another post I made today:

I have a question about my 2007 Aveo LS. When I bought it the brakes squeeked (I bought it used). They will squeek every time I push the brakes in slightly. They don't really squeek when I push the brakes in hard. Nonetheless, it is annoying when my brakes squeek all the time! I took it to the dealership where I bought it (2X). Both times they told me that the brakes were like brand new and that they wouldn't change them. They told me brakes on Aveos are metallic and not ceramic because they're made to be affordable and that all metalic brakes will squeek like that. He said that everyone has that problem, but the brakes are fine. Is this true? I would NEVER purchase a new car with squeeky brakes. I don't think anyone would.
      My 04 has the same problem, the window regulator is messed up, the driver front window on mine leans forward a little. when your not driving (actually in motion) roll your window down 2 to 3 inches, grab the top of the window at the back and try to pull it toward the front of the car. if it moves forward, the regulator is messed up. i have tinted windows, when mine is howling, I can look at the top back corner of the window and see the edge of the tint which should be hidden by the rubber window moulding. As for the brakes, the techs at the dealership can take care of that, it just sounds like they dont want to. I have had my 04 aveo for almost 3 years, I have never had any noise at all from the brakes. i had 108,000 miles when I bought it, at 110,000 miles just for my own sake, I did a front brake job utilizing the oem pads from chevy, at 140,000 miles no squeaking or grinding and I still have 80% pad left

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I put on an adhesive backed door strip over each front door rubber top trip as one poster mentioned doing. No more whistling.
      Steve

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      the pic may not be the best, but this is what I am dealing with, you can see the gap between the tint and the rubber moulding and the edge of the tint should be under the moulding. I wish I could get away with just adding more weatherstripping. I can get a new regulator for $45, but then I have the task of actually replacing it. its not a hard job but Im tired of pulling the door panels off, everytime I pull it off something on or in it breaks LOL
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by paulsaveo; 02-19-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Avezoh View Post
      I put on an adhesive backed door strip over each front door rubber top trip as one poster mentioned doing. No more whistling.
      Steve
      which one did you buy?

i have rolls of the stuff, but not part numbers that would transfer to help people out here (unless they wanted 200ft)
      I know a few people on here have mentioned it, but i havent looked for the "short" version, and since yours works, and i am guessing pretaped? its what people should get.

Thanks
      I'd have to find another Lowe's ( which isn't near where I live ). It was in their weatherstripping/garage seals segment but the box listed boat and automotive applications. If I think to next time I'm at Lowe's somewhere, I'll look. I recall it cost me about 10 bux for 12-15 feet. If I can- I'll take photos- it has a row of two or three parallel ribs on the topside.

Steve

Thanks
      Took photos during a lull in the rain- will post tonight ( it's me b'day ) late.

Steve

Thanks
      Here's the intro pics
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
      And some moreName:  driver top.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  84.4 KBName:  P1010302r.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  83.5 KBName:  P1010310r.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  89.3 KBName:  P1010312r.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  95.5 KB

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      sometimes when your windows arent up all the way, very tight against the upper window sill, you will get a howling noise. mainly with the front windows, specially a problem with manual windows. But when its really windy there is still a howling noise and the antenna makes a slight noise. took the antenna off and there was a little less howling.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Never thought of the antenna. Hmm.

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12