•  

Thread: Need help

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Question Need help

I have a 2008 Aveo ls sedan without cruise and trying to install it when in scrap yard the other day came across a 2007 aveo ls sedan with cruise so I grab the needed parts. Ok on further investigation my car has three wires in the under the dash plug and the part off the 2007 three wires one for horn and the other two for the cruise. Well the wires are in a different position on both plugs was wondering is there any where I can get a wiring diagram to tell which wire is what? Hoping since both plugs have three wires it's just a matter of moving the wires any help would be helpful

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      The pics in the bottom post may help you out. Seems like the 2 you want are usually both green/white.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f94/c...71/index7.html

Thanks
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  265.9 KB this is the wires I have under the dash
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  258.4 KB and this is the connection from the clock spring that needs to be put in so the switch can be attached to the steering wheel

the purple and orange wires on new connection are for the cruise control switch
      Last edited by Insanity Werks; 07-31-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks
      Ok, now I get it. I wasn't sure you meant you pulled a clockspring when you said "needed parts". Figured you may have just pulled the switch like many to mount on the column.

So a did a little Googlefu, and I found this below. ***Disclaimer! I hope I'm not throwing more confusion into this, and messing you up!***

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f94/2...69/index9.html

Take a look at 2010AveoLT's response to the 2nd pic on the page. If what he's saying is right, from what I understand, you are NOT prewired for cruise on your existing harness under the dash.

2008's seem to be a transition into the the 2009 to 2011's. Especially the sedans. So you may have the newer wiring. If you watch Shocker's video and you can find the same brown and grey wires he did, (and I used this video on my 2010), you could then just run wiring from the brown and grey to the purple and orange on your clockspring, and everything should work. Then plug the harnesses together anyways to retain the horn.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f94/i...staller-14942/

EDIT!!! - Okay, nevermind what I said about the newer wiring. Follow this link here, and run the wiring like I said straight to your clockspring.

http://aveoclub.proboards.com/thread...ol-newer-aveos

It should be those 2 green/white wires like I had found in my first post, but the link explains much better on where you'll find a plug on the firewall to tap into.
      Last edited by PoisonIvy; 08-01-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks
      what rough location is that firewall plug what would it be near? Have no problem adding wires the treads don't make it real clear

Thanks
      Looks like it should be around the drivers kick panel area. Probably just in that corner. First pic has that area circled.

Thanks
      Ok another question would the fuse block have a fuse for the cruise or is it combined with another system ?

Thanks
      I don't see it listed on it's own under the fuses...

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...veo_owners.pdf

I'm sure the wiring you need would not be 'unfused'. Seems like others have used the method you need successfully, if you're worried about being a guinea pig.

Since it's drive by wire, it may just be the ECM/TCM?