•  
    Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Aveo Sedan Cruise Control Install

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

well, I went to my Local Pullapart today to get a Tensioner for a car i'm repairing; and I decided to look around and found a 2007 Suzuki Forenza; they pretty much use the EXACT SAME Steering Wheel as our Aveos, so out came the Tools and I snagged the Cruise Buttons, the Mounting Bracket made of Military Grade Unobtanium, and I made a Jumper Harness from the Clockspring Wiring. I'll be testing my Jumper Harness Tomorrow.

EDIT: I procrastinated and tested it today on 3/23/14, and IT ACTUALLY WORKED! It Held 55MPH like a Champ! next thing is to remove the Soldered pins from the Pullapart Connector body, and put them into my Factory Connector body so I can have my Cruise and ScootaHorn 2.0 Together!

Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 03-23-2014 at 09:38 PM.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I have been digging around and found the harness just behind the steel knee plate, but mine only has 3 wires, blue, green and brown. I there another way for me to be able to install c.c. on my 07 sedan ls. Thanks for all your help...

Name:  20140810_154452.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  278.5 KB

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by solomonj76 View Post
      I have been digging around and found the harness just behind the steel knee plate, but mine only has 3 wires, blue, green and brown. I there another way for me to be able to install c.c. on my 07 sedan ls. Thanks for all your help...

Name:  20140810_154452.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  278.5 KB
      according to my Pinout sheet, you are supposed to have a Gray wire directly below the Dark Blue Wire, and a Brown Wire next to the empty slot below the Green Wire. the wires you DO have attach to the Steering Wheel Audio Controls that go in the left side of the steering wheel (the Dark Blue Wire and the Brown Wire), and the Horn (the Green Wire) Obviously. you may have to go the same route as the 2006 cars.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi guys,

thanks for all the info and pictures, I've read both Aveo cruise forums and It's all very clear. I would like to install cruise control on my car to. I've a 2008 European (I'm Dutch) Aveo 1.4 hatchback. I'm experiencing some troubles ordering the switch at the GM dealer. So I was thinking: I never use my audio switch on the steering wheel, would it work to connect the two audio cables to the grey and green wire of the cruise?

thanks in advance

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      alright Farru, I have one more RPO Question for you: do you have the RPO Code "WHB" (its the Code for the GMLAN Communication Bus) if you say Yes, there's still a chance to add Cruise. if not, it looks like GM has made it QUITE Impossible for you to have Factory Installed Cruise Control. because according to the Manuals I have access to, The Cruise Control Logic for the US Spec Aveo is NOT in the PCM like everybody thought: its ALL Run through the Instrument Panel Cluster, and the ONLY way to have all the pieces to add Cruise is if you have the GMLAN Communication Bus.
      Hello.

I'm in the exact same scenario a this guy was.

How do I check that RPO code thing?

If I had to so the ECU jumping stuff, where is that located and what cables would I need to tap into?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ezanchi View Post
      Hello.

I'm in the exact same scenario a this guy was.

How do I check that RPO code thing?

If I had to so the ECU jumping stuff, where is that located and what cables would I need to tap into?

Thanks in advance!
      All of your RPO codes should be on a tag on the glove box lid. The connection to tap into the ECM should be on the firewall underneath the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      All of your RPO codes should be on a tag on the glove box lid. The connection to tap into the ECM should be on the firewall underneath the dash.

So if I don't have the WHB then I won't be able to install the Cruise Control? Not even through the firewall directly to the ECM?

How do I know what connection to tap into? Should I follow the Steering Wheel Radio Control cables up to the ECM?

Is the firewall a "wall" or a connection or what? Could you send me a photo of it and maybe a wiring diagram of what to tap into?

I really want to install the CC but I'm stuck right now.

If you could read my post I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
      Last edited by ezanchi; 02-08-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks
      Hi everyone . I was read all the posts for mounting a cruise control on aveo . My car is Aveo 2008 Hatchback , and engine is F14D4 . I don't have a light for cruise control on the dashboard . The acceleration pedal is electrical driven(not driven by wire). Is it possible for me to install this switch and i am really not sure that will be working on my car? What is your opinion ? What other to know ?
      Ps: My english is not perfect .

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      My 2011 has the blank cover on the right side of the steering wheel. Does the steering wheel system have connections inside under the cover or does it need a complete steering wheel mechanism? Is this why the extra cruise switch is stuck on another place? Thanks

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Brit01 View Post
      My 2011 has the blank cover on the right side of the steering wheel. Does the steering wheel system have connections inside under the cover or does it need a complete steering wheel mechanism? Is this why the extra cruise switch is stuck on another place? Thanks
      No, usually you have to replace the clockspring (the connection from the rest of the electrical system to the airbag and horn buttons, and the radio controls if equipped) to mount it on the factory spot on the steering wheel; you don’t have to replace the entire steering column. The main reasons why people mount their cruise buttons on their dash is because A) the clockspring is expensive at $200-$250 at the dealership, and B) it’s a PITA to remove the steering wheel.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast