•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Annoying Electrical Issues

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Random Annoying Electrical Issues

I was lucky enough to encounter 2 Semi-New annoyances with my Aveo last night.

First one being I couldnt take my key out of the steering wheel, it would only go as far down as the auxillary power and then there was no way it was going down to actually turning the car off and coming out ( i had to take the terminal grasps off the battery to cut off all electricity going into the car at which point the key came out)

Second being I have to use something to push down the "Shift-Lock Release" and then shift out of park most every time i start the car. Someone else on the site is having this problem.

Im going to My Chevy Dealer asap to make them figure this one out stat because its making it nearly impossible to drive.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      I have no idea what your problem is, but I do have an electrical problem of my own. Sometimes the car will not start, or even attempt to turn over and non of my lights will come on. I have to get out of the car and wiggle the battery connections then the car will start up. I'm thinking the connectors corrode or get dirty easy and breaks the connection. Or the problem may be the battery cables are going...

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I had the same problem with my aveo a few months ago. I actually called my dealership and had it towed over there cause my shift lock release didn't even work. I asked the guy what the problem was and he said that there was a batch of shifters that had bad wiring that were installed on both the aveo and the cobalt. It is covered by the warranty so I would take it down and have them replace the entire shifter.

Another thing to ask about is that there was a recall on certain VIN numbers for the aveo regarding the fuel line. Apparently, and this is according to the dealership also, if your aveo falls in that VIN, when you get in an accident, the fuel pump doesn't shut off and keeps pumping fuel into the engine. In other words, you become a CRISPY KRITTER!!!!
      "Go baby, GO!"

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by davids06aveo
      Another thing to ask about is that there was a recall on certain VIN numbers for the aveo regarding the fuel line. Apparently, and this is according to the dealership also, if your aveo falls in that VIN, when you get in an accident, the fuel pump doesn't shut off and keeps pumping fuel into the engine. In other words, you become a CRISPY KRITTER!!!!
      wow thats good to know, im goin to my dealer this monday or tuesday.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      It is almost the same effect as what used to happen to the Pinto. You get rea-ended and you might experience a little bit of hell on earth. Only with the aveo, the problem was mostly with head on collisions or frontal side impact.
      "Go baby, GO!"

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

haha

So i went to my Chevy dealership to have them fix the things that were wrong with my aveo and luckily they didnt look under the hood and see the AEM CAI and void my warranty so the aveos getting fixed for free

The fun thing is Enterprise is renting me out a gigantic Chevy Silverado to drive while my cars in the shop. I've never driven a truck before and I've got to say its comfy as hell and nice overall, very quick.

Thanks
      i drove a rental f-150 (the bigger one with the 5.4l) and i loved it. so much torque and roomy. your CAI wont void your warranty unl[ess they can absolutely prove it was the root of the problem. i have a homemade sri and have had the aveo in for work and they have seen it and i have never had a prob with it. warranties have always had me covered.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      yea i suppose your right about the intake because luckily its made exactly for the aveo since AEM did their homework. But im sure after the headers installed they might throw a little bit of a fit, hopefully i wont have to go back in though for them to notice it.

Thanks
      like i said you should be fine. they have to prove that whatever mod you did is what messed your car up. and if they have aporblem with it take it to another dealer. your in vegas so im sure that you have multiple chevy dealers.

Thanks
      did they tell you what was wrong with your car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast