•  

Thread: P2a01

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks

P2a01

Hello all,

2008 Aveo5 LT (auto)

For the very first time I got a check engine light on. The code reader is showing P2A01 - O2 Sensor Circuit Range / Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2......anyone else ever get this message? If so, was it an easy fix or was it more than just a sensor replacement? I found a few bits of info on the net regarding this code and it seems the thing to do first check the wiring condition for any signs of melting, replace the O2 sensor after the Catalytic Converter and if that doesn't solve it the issue may be with the ECM.

http://www.justanswer.com/buick/4vla...uit-range.html
      http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/6zxs...o2-sensor.html

I know I have enough info to tackle this issue but I thought I would start this thread for any other Aveo owner who may have this problem and they can find this info easily through an internet search. So, if anyone else has had any experience with this code on their Aveo was the replacement of the O2 sensor the cure or was it more than that? Any reason why it would go other than wear and tear? (ie. fuel, catalytic etc.)

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Aveo5_boy; 12-14-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      its very likely it just needs replaced. it basically monitors if the cat is operating properly. I wouldn't jump from sensor straight to computer, but a cat replacement is equally expensive.

Thanks
      CEL turned off yesterday on its own....my cars warranty expires in March and I have an appointment tomorrow regarding the CEL. The code I'm guessing would still be stored but should I bother with going to the dealer in this situation or are they going to just charge me a $100 for a diagnostics fee, pat me on the back of the head and send me on my merry way saying there is nothing wrong...

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo5_boy View Post
      CEL turned off yesterday on its own....my cars warranty expires in March and I have an appointment tomorrow regarding the CEL. The code I'm guessing would still be stored but should I bother with going to the dealer in this situation or are they going to just charge me a $100 for a diagnostics fee, pat me on the back of the head and send me on my merry way saying there is nothing wrong...
      I haven't had to deal with a stealership for a very long time, and so I'm not understanding what you wrote about that diagnostics fee. Are you saying that they will charge you $100 just to diagnose, even if your vehicle is still under warranty?

Thanks
      Yup, when they find nothing wrong they will nail you with a diagnostic fee which is not covered under warranty.

Anyhow, the CEL came back on today while driving on the highway. As the traffic began to slow down my car started to vibrate as if it was going to stall, then the CEL came on and as the traffic began to move again the car just froze at 60 km/hr and would not go any faster no matter what i did, (I think it went into some kind of safe mode). I pulled off to the shoulder, shut off the car and restarted it again and it was able drive me home. The new codes I got was P2106 (Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Limited Power) & P2110 (Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Limited RPM) By doing some research it seems that it is a common issue with Aveo's......I feel like my car is starting to fall apart and I am sure glad I got that extended warranty. Hopefully they won't do some temporary fix just to push me past the warranty....if that were to happen I'll be really pissed!

I will keep this thread updated with any new info I get from the dealer tomorrow.
      Last edited by Aveo5_boy; 12-17-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
      Update: Dealership replaced throttlebody under warranty.