•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Electric Aveo - EV (144v / 1000 Amps = 193 horsepower and massive torque!)

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i cant imagine 4 of those could move the car? even with one on each wheel, you might be able to get up to speed, but slowly..?

any more specs/ratings?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Seems that I was reading this thread yesterday... time flies and I still have a few questions.....

What the distance on a charge? For a minute I thought I was gonna get a Fortwo, until i realized the distance per charge...

Thanks
      Holy thread resurrection, batman!

(Kidding. That's OK. I have zero problems with bumping old threads to add new info.)

A Smart EV probably has more useful range than this conversion did. But the Smart uses more energy dense lithium batteries than the lead-acid ones in the Aveo.

FYI, post #29 he mentions range, but I also searched and he posted a page with detailed specs on the EV Album site:

about 40 miles for now until I break in the pack. This range is a combined highway and city driving.
      Marco's 2005 Chevrolet Aveo

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks
      I jUST found this EV post. Frankly..what did it cost you to put an electric motor in the car? How far can you go per charge? Do you charge it everynight? I see it has 4 regular car batteries, plus another regular battery. Is that 5th battery to start it, and run the lights ,horn,radio, etc,like in the gas car?
      This is VERY interesting. did you make this engine, or did you find it somewhere and have it put in? Plus, do you remove the gas tank and the Cat converter? Since you dont use them. I am assuming these 4 batteries get recharged after they run out of power? So you are recharging them all the time. Right? With that charger where the fuel filler was. Do these regular batteries 'take' to being run down, charged,run down,charge over and over?
      I guess the MAIN question is, where did you get the engine, who put it in, and what did it cost in the end, to do everything? Except putting in that Nav. system? Can the 'gas gauge' on the dash, be adapted to be a 'battery gauge'? Or do you need that special unit for the dash? Thanks guy. Do you even still have it? It is 6 yrsl since this post, it could be long gone, or dead.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      If I remember correctly, we are talking about a $10,000ish build. I was mentioned somewhere around here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345