•  

Thread: Brotus :: 2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 (Garage entry)

1. casdrummer44 is offline What's wrong with my car?
      General Information
      Brotus
      Chevrolet
      Aveo 5
      Stealth Gray

My overall plans for this car are to not go with anything I consider crazy, there are a lot of good ideas and designs on this forum I have looked at and all the Aveo's on this site look great! I just want to make it look as though it was a "sport" edition from off the lot! Rims, tint, head lights and tail lights, some light duty interior mods, and an offset stripe down the passenger side, basically kickin it old school, clean on the outside and inside with a good sound system and nice rims!

Modifications

I have not yet decided on what style of rims that I want to put on yet, so I just went to auto zone and bought some black gloss paint, resprayed the stock metal rims, and bought a set of wheel covers for now to give it a sporty look!

So Far I have only changed the stock antenna with a new 5" black carbon fiber wrapped short mast. I have added two red chevy emblems on the left and right side rear quarter panels. I have changed out the stock tail lights for non LED Altezza's, and plan to put in LED bulbs instead. My future plans are to install my window tint @ 20% when the outside temp comes up a little more, and change out the headlights for Projectors, and also to put a black racing stripe off set to the passenger side. I have also added super bright Blue LED plate lights to the rear!

I have switched over all the interior lights to blue LED's, dome light, trunk light, speedo, tach, HVAC control head are all now blue. I also changed the tach gauge to a white gauge face instead of the stock black. It has a very sporty look in my opinion to have the tach white, with the speedo black!

I didn't want to put anything to price in the car yet, but I did upgrade the speakers to a non stock HD set for the front and back. I have 6.5" HD set in the front, and 4x6 HD set in the back. I did have to cut the bracket on the rears to keep them in the stock mounting fixture. The fronts were 4.5" stock speakers that I took out and used self tappers to install the 6.5" HD set I put in... I upgraded the stock head unit to a Clarion X201 double din head unit. The sound is great quality considering the minor upgrade untill I settle on what I really want speaker wise.

The head unit is HD Radio ready, Sat. Radio ready, with inputs for a steering wheel controller, and front aux. jack, as well as full funtion and control for iPod via the usb cable which can be controlled from either the iPod itself, or the head unit

Everything under the hood is in stock condition, although I do have plans to dress it up with some cable covering and chrome pieces.

•  
      Comments: 0 / Views: 2446