•  

Thread: Two SWAT team members have been shot

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Two SWAT team members have been shot

Check it out! this is happening around the corner from my house. i heard the shots. Google maps Reseda and Winnetka i live on Corbin the boarder of the citys! my whole area is Blocked off.

WINNETKA, Calif. (CBS) ― Two SWAT team members have been shot and one died, as a man has barricaded himself inside a home near Vanowen Street and Oakdale Avenue in Winnetka. The incident began around 9 p.m. Wednesday.

The man called the police, confessing to shooting three family members. Police responded to the scene and SWAT team members entered the house. Two veteran officers were shot by the gunman.

The officer is the first SWAT team member to be killed in the line of duty in the history of the elite team, which was created in 1967.

Both SWAT team members who were shot have spent more than 25 years in the Los Angeles Police Department, and more than 20 in the SWAT team, according to First-Assistant police Chief Jim McDonnell.

Approximately 200 LAPD officers, including SWAT team members were surrounding the home, involved in what McDonnell called an ongoing "dynamic tactical situation."

"I want to say how deeply saddened we are this morning that we lost a member of our LAPD family," McDonnell said. "Our hearts and prayers go out to these families at this tough time."

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who also spoke a press conference at 5 a.m., said the officer's death was a reminder of how perilous the work performed by police.

The second officer who was shot was in surgery as of 5:30 a.m., but is expected to survive his wounds.

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      ive been watching all morning on tv....the world is crazy considering this and then the husband shooting his wife teacher at school this morning too

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Wow this is crazy...

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed