•  

Thread: Stormy Nights at the Industry

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Stormy Nights at the Industry

We got a little rain here in chicago. Puddles about 3 foot deep and our petroleum terminal is under approx 3 foot of water. Driving to work in the gfs mazda, not knowing how bad it was I ended up in a puddle about 1.5 foot deep and the whole stretch of the road. Was creepin through (we gots sri on her car) slowly (slow like the speedo wasn't registering) and all of a sudden "crack - crunch" and I looked down out the window and saw her aftermarket lip floating down the street. I'm in the doghouse for that. Last night lightning hit the petroleum plant at least 2x and lightning was hitting repeatedly within hundreds of yards from my position. That was interesting. I was seeing violet all night-literally. Fun!

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Stormy Nights at the Industry

way to fail :P

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

that sucks man. flowers always work, or a new lip
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Thanks

heres how I see it: Yes it was her car and I when I do drive it, I baby the **** out of it, because, it is not mine. She is spazzing out, like going overboard. Her actual bumper is fine. No damage to it. This is my first accident that I would say was within my control(other and only accident was a deer jumped out in front of my aveo some years ago). I shouldnt have tried to press my luck. But, she herself has also flipped a truck that wasnt hers, hit a parked van that wasnt hers, hit a parked scion (brand new at the time) with the jeep and detroyed 2 doors on that car (scion), and been rear ended. Not to mention, she has more traffic tickets than I do. Mind you, I never yelled at her or got mad at her for any of it. I was alway supportive. Altho, I do give her a ribbin' for some of the tix once in a while . Am I really deserving of her wrath? I think not. She knows how I treat her cars. I dont want forum sympathy here. Not the point. Just saying that I need to make her realize some things, like, accidents happen as she has very clearly discovered hands on for herself. I do feel bad about breaking it tho.

As for the rest of Chicago, well, everything around where I am at is abig bag of suck. Mysister came to town this weekend from seattle and then she had to drive to Indianapolis today. Well the hwy she was on (294) was flooded and closed most of the morning. Then when she left at noon, he called me at 2 to inform me that she had traveled a whopping 10 miles and it took her another hour and a half to move 5 more. So ****ty.

The main office at where I work had 6 inches of water in it this morning. They brought in a property restoration engineer when the water dropped some but they couldnt get access into the building yet. There was a fire hydrant that the only thing showing on it was the top nut and dome portion.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Man, that does suck... she traveled there from one of the very rainy states just to see even more flooding... What a luck. But at least she's fine.

And like they said, a new lip should fix it.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

I was already looking at some and asked her what she wanted and she was not exactly cooperating. There are new styles out

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

should have just taken a boat and avoided such a mess, your never hear the end

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

yep, you'll be laying in your casket at the funeral home, and this will be on the list of screw ups she reads into your ear right before they close the lid for the last time..

thats how woman can be.. just fix it (make it better) and deal..

Thanks

yeh, I will get her another one but she's got to blow off some steam before she will hear anything. Just how she is. Can't change her, stopped trying. Still a great person to me, she does quite a bit for me