•  

Thread: Nitrous or engine swap

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Nitrous or engine swap

Why is everyone here against the idea of nitrous? Everyone wants to do $3-4K engine swaps when all you need is a $600 nitrous kit. I am not trying to start an argument but a legit discussion with facts.

Thanks
      I will start it out. I personally would choose a nitrous kit over a turbo swap and here is why. I put a $600 nitrous kit on my other car and it went from 256WHP and 301WTQ to 335 WHP and 448WTQ with a 75 shot and a bottle that had the pressure about 200 psi to little. It cost me $40 to fill my bottle and it has lasted me about 20 passes with much more life in the bottle. That is a 60WHP (would be higher with more pressure) increase and a 148WTQ increase for $640. Here is my graph for the inevitable haters.

Thanks

Re: Nitrous or engine swap

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      Why is everyone here against the idea of nitrous? Everyone wants to do $3-4K engine swaps when all you need is a $600 nitrous kit. I am not trying to start an argument but a legit discussion with facts.
      NOZ will Blow our motors up before we go fast
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      what car is this? i know an aveo motor will not hold long at 300+ hp.

i guess if and big IF i had a second vehicle i would consider nitrous, but its too risky to me and overall i am against nitrous because of how much damage u can do to your drivetrain and motor. i was actually leaning more towards propane injection kits. the gains are not as great as nitrous, but nor is the wear and tear.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Nitrous is great for short bursts of speed but most people are looking for full-time power, and not just in bursts.

Thanks
      Sorry I can't see spending $600.00 on a kit for my car and still know i will get spanked by other cars Maybe if i had the cash to have the Aveo to blow up and still had a daily driver but i got my Aveo for the MPG not the MPH
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      Nitrous is great for short bursts of speed but most people are looking for full-time power, and not just in bursts.
      I see what you mean there but even with full time power, you dont always use it. I merge onto the freeway at part throttle. I pass other cars at part throttle. The only times I really floor it is when racing, dynoing, or just showing off.

[
      I agree with you fully, but this is more of a question aimed at the engine swap guys that want some speed out of this car. And no matter how much money you spend, there will always be a car out there that is faster.