•  

Thread: microsoft-offers-reward-for-missing-xbox-gamer

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

microsoft-offers-reward-for-missing-xbox-gamer

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...-gamer/1260470

....another argument for people who think videogames corrupt kids.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: microsoft-offers-reward-for-missing-xbox-gamer

i dont know the age group of everyone here, but alot of kids today cant tell the difference of their online and real life identity.

forums like this are one thing, because you essentially are who you are. even on forums people act like who they aren't (internet tough guys, easier to be sarcastic, etc) But i take night classes with 18 -up at slippery rock, and they carry one general conversation about what they did last night on facebook, or in World of warcraft or some other game like it was real life. and i am not talking about just the nerdy star trek/stars wars types, all of them. The get upset when some kid they never met from north dakota makes fun of their picture or if someone in california wont add them to their friends list. I often hear them say things like "what could be wrong with me that he wont be my friend?" or "that guy said i looked like ______ !" and its over the internet. They also text on their cell phones none stop to always be "connected"

i see it early on how technology fuels kids. my 8 month daughter only plays with toys that do things. she inspects them for lights sounds etc and if they dont have them she tosses it aside. she would rather play with my cell phone or the tv remote than anything else? cute really. but its going to cause problems soon.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

i know what your sayin man, im 19 and got rid of my cell phone back in highschool (graduating university now) caz its a invisible leash, when im out i don't want to be found, this is why i enjoy working on my car, caz its just me and my ride with no distractions.
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

hey guys, even us older fellas like the freedom of the ride, and no cells too.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      i dont know the age group of everyone here, but alot of kids today cant tell the difference of their online and real life identity.

forums like this are one thing, because you essentially are who you are. even on forums people act like who they aren't (internet tough guys, easier to be sarcastic, etc) But i take night classes with 18 -up at slippery rock, and they carry one general conversation about what they did last night on facebook, or in World of warcraft or some other game like it was real life. and i am not talking about just the nerdy star trek/stars wars types, all of them. The get upset when some kid they never met from north dakota makes fun of their picture or if someone in california wont add them to their friends list. I often hear them say things like "what could be wrong with me that he wont be my friend?" or "that guy said i looked like ______ !" and its over the internet. They also text on their cell phones none stop to always be "connected"

i see it early on how technology fuels kids. my 8 month daughter only plays with toys that do things. she inspects them for lights sounds etc and if they dont have them she tosses it aside. she would rather play with my cell phone or the tv remote than anything else? cute really. but its going to cause problems soon.
      see thats why you don't get your kids things unless they are responsible enough to understand....parents are the ones who pay for the xbox live if they are that young.