•  

Thread: Letting go

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Letting go

I bought my 2011 Aveo5 LT about 2 years ago. She was my first car at 17, affectionately named Bug. I know next to nothing about cars other than basic maintenance, and I’m sad to say I found this forum a little too late. 5 days ago, the transmission started slipping, and my heart broke a little. She’s definitely not the prettiest, between our terrible neighbors keying her and their children leaving multiple door dings along the sides, but I loved her all the same. I had to make the hard decision to fix or sell her, and decided that it would be in my best interest to just sell her. I don’t know how active this forum is as I found it about an hour ago, but I figured if anyone would understand my pain, it would be y’all. Anyways, this is getting quite long so…. rip bug, you will be missed dearly and I hope whoever ends up with you will cherish you as much as I did.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Letting go a car is always a difficult decision, specially when it's your first one, but the illusion of getting new one usually makes it easier.

I'm guessing your car needs a new clutch, and that would cost about 800-1000$ in the Aveo...

2004 1.6 Auto Rust Free
      Thanks
      Sorry to hear about your car. But like the other poster said, a new car may make you feel better. Make an informed decision on your new purchase. Take your time and make a good one.