•  

Thread: Kost tire and auto

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Angry Kost tire and auto

So it was inspection time for the aveo. I go to the local Kost tire cause its close to my school and i could walk after dropping it off. Anyway i got a call about 10:30 that my car failed cause my exhaust was all rusted, I had the exhausted replaced from the manifold back when i bought the car. They also said I need a whole front end suspension rebuild cause i didnt have enough wheel gap. they also charged me a 30 dollar diagnostic fee They broke one of the studs on the passenger side front wheel and dented my hood. Guess next time ill go to the guy down the street who lets me use his lift but pay extra and borrow someones car just to not have my **** broken. The car is in the school parking lot and im afraid to drive the 15 miles to get the stud fixed. Is it a hard fix?

Thanks
      No but they should have fixed it. Raise hell, they did it, call corporate and complain. Tell them what happened and the situation now. I use to work in a shop like that. And that would also show if they were just trying to get money out of you. It would be ok to drive with 3 studs. Good luck

Thanks
      Heres the thing, i went on their website and looked at the locations. According to their website, there is no kost tire at the location i went to. If you go on mr.tire (parent company) there seems to be nothing about the location either. I think i got screwed over. Im going to call the corporate office and report that location. ill tighten down the lug studs a little more on that wheel.
      EDIT: upon more research it says that the one i went to was the first one to exist. The location still wont show up on their locator tool but it has a store page. This place denied breaking a hubcap on a family members car and throwing it the trunk like nothing happened.
      Last edited by CookedTick; 12-03-2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: more facts

Thanks
      I use to work for mr tire. Worst company ever

Thanks
      I crawled under the aveo today to check out all of what was "broken" on my car. Every single thing on the little paper was replaced either by me or my dad when it was his car. It seems to me they were going to rip me off even more by charging me for new parts and labor when they had no intentions of doing anything to the car. almost everything that they said should be replaced was less than 2 yrs old. I went back to kost today to see about them fixing the stud and they told me that it was like that when they got it. They wanted to a free vehicle checkup today for my troubles. So the guy plugs in a scan tool and then tells me my transmission is shot. i got home and the code my scan tool said was po141 an o2 sensor issue cause my cat is shot. i realized that my exhaust replacement was from the cat back. not the mainfold. i also seem to have a slight exhaust leak caused by the cat because the cat is rusted out and seems to have a hole blown in it. cheap ebay catalytic conveters are less than 100 bucks. I have an appointment for the 6th to get it inspected at the guy down the road from my house that lets me use his lift. He told me if i need it he will replace the cat as long as i buy it for him. No charge

Thanks
      Well, its been a while, Much to my dismay, a family member took my car to kost to try to get it inspected as a "christmas present" and they scraped my rear bumper and passenger side quarter panel. Im so done with this car and i needed alot of body work done as it was but now i need even more. Im considering getting a lawyer and suing this place because both times ive taken it there they have damaged my car.

Thanks
      good idea, call the local news and usally they do a report on it