•  

Thread: Just joined the aveo world.

Just joined the aveo world.

I just got my first car home last night, A stock aveo(and I mean STOCK).
      I would be glad of any advice or things I should look out for. Oh and the power gas scared the crap out of me after driving my mothers saturn SL1 for a year with none, almost hit a fence lol.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Wow! Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the first car!
      If you check out Gravanatuning.com they have some stuff for the aveo, as well as Ebay, but, if you go to Ebay, bear in mind that some stuff (in particular the little fan that they claim is a turbocharger....is really just a fan. (but you probably know better anyway...)

K&N air filters are probably one of the best things you can get for your car. I think so anyway...they seem to work above average compared to other filters I work with on a day-to-day basis; but then again-THATS JUST ME.

Another thing I would watch out for-if your going to do it-if you go buy some performance spark plugs, I would go with NGK spark plugs, just becuase my Motorcycle only uses one spark plug and its an NGK, and has lasted me quite awhile...

other than that, enjoy your car!
      "A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Welcome to the club. The first thing you should do is remove the upper air filter element and take out the thing that goes into the intake tube. After that, if you are mechanically inclined, remove the airbox muffler. I'm sure there is a how to on it. After that open up the intake to the intake box with a 2.5" hole saw. This will give you some nice sound and only cost is time if you have the tools.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      welcome! i personally suggest h&r lowering springs and getting the windows tinted. that was actually first on my list to set me apart from the old folks who seem to be buying the aveos in bulk around here.....

*looks are important too!*
      Low n Slow

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by boxkiller
      welcome! i personally suggest h&r lowering springs and getting the windows tinted. that was actually first on my list to set me apart from the old folks who seem to be buying the aveos in bulk around here.....

Yeah mine came tinted and the H&R's give the car a nice stance. Especially with the 15" Rota Circuit 8's I'm rockin

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      Quote Originally Posted by boxkiller

Yeah mine came tinted and the H&R's give the car a nice stance. Especially with the 15" Rota Circuit 8's I'm rockin
      how much did you get your rota's for? (if you dont mind me asking)
      Low n Slow

Thanks
      The Rotas were about $450 shipped and the tires where another $370 installed. I have Kumho Ecsta SPT's which I expect to get about 2 years of use out of.