Ever wondered how many revolutions your microwave oven turntable does in a minute?
Well, for many years I didn't, until low vision and the frustration of not being able to readily find the handle of the coffee mug made me ask myself the question.
The process is like this:
1. to half a mug of water add one teaspon of instant coffee
2. into the microwave, hit the "add minute" button
3. the microwave then goes around exactly 5 revolutions!
4. remove the mug, the handle is in precicely in the same place as when you started
5. add sweetener and milk
6. return the mug to microwave and set the timer for 48 seconds, 4 revolutions!
5. at the beep, perfect hot coffee and the handle exactly where it should be!