•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beast of a week >:-/

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

beast of a week >:-/

I have been having a very stressful last couple weeks. Alot of bulls4it coming at me from all directions. Here was one event from this that I thought I'd share with you guys.

my fiances mom used to live with us but she moved to wisconsin about a year ago. It was a great day when she left. But when she left she couldn't take all her stuff with her. So she came back down here to chicago about 2 weeks ago with the intent to pack up her remaining stuff and take it bac with her. She does not have a vehicle equipped to haul a trailer so she asked to use our jeep. I didn't feel comfortable doing it for several reasons. 1, she smokes like a damn chimney and even tho we told her she can't smoke in the jeep, I knew she would anyway and 2 the weather in wisconsin was crap when she wanted to leave. In fact we told her to wait one more day to leave but she insisted on leaving the night a snow storm just ended up there. She leaves and the next morning we get a call from her letting us know she just got out of the hospital with a broken foot from crashing our jeep! I'm glad she was ok but I was and am seriously pissed off. I guess it's not totaled but I haven't seen the damage yet. I'm always apprehensive about letting people borrow our stuff and this is why. I worked super hard to take care of that car and if she would have just waited like we told her to, this could have been avoided because why did she crash? She hit snow. Yep, snow. I love the lady like she is my own mom and I'm glad she is ok, but I'm pretty pissed about it. I know cars are replaceable and we have insurance, but now I'm stuck driving her ****ty, smelly cavalier around that I can barely get into and that is fairly painful for me to get into because of my back (its a 2 door). Ultimately I am grateful to have a car to drive to work and ****, but I want my jeep back and in one piece.

I should add this happens just one month after being rear ended by some kid who was following to close.

/end rant

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      damn that sucks man.. i thought you were going to say she moved back in though.

i'm sure with it loaded full of stuff made it more unpredictable.. but driving an unfamiliar car in snow is a no no..

glad she's not more seriously hurt.

Banned
      Thanks
      Glad she's not seriously hurt. Now you can do that to her yourself!
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Thanks
      lol, it just sometimes seems like the b.s. never stops.

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17 View Post
      lol, it just sometimes seems like the b.s. never stops.
      It doesn't stop.... Life sucks and then ya die.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Eh, its the rough times that make the good times so much better.

It does get better, as much as z34 is a gm optimist, he's a life pessimist. :P

Just remember all the crap and possessions we hold so dear are really worthless and replaceable.. It's the people that matter.
      Even though these things try you financially, take them as a "lesson" on determining what is important. Then replace what you lost with things that make the important things better.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i thought you were going to say she moved back in though.
      I thought that's where this was going too. Maybe a damaged Jeep is the better deal? (Kidding)

Sounds like you're being philosophical about it all though, which is good. I had a similar story: a car I babied and looked after like crazy that my sister then drove under a barbed wire fence! After ranting and fuming over it for a while, ultimately the episode led me to stop fussing too much over my cars (a good thing, in the end).

Thanks
      pessimist sounds like a dirty word, don't it?
      no word from the insurance yet, but my fiances-grammas-nephew volunteered to fix it for us and do all the "paperwork" and what not. He owns a well reputable body shop just a few miles north of us here in Chi. He does good work. He installed my fiances lip and painted it. I later ripped that lip off on accident.
      I know mistakes and accidents happen. I don't hold it over her mas head or anything like that. I still want my jeep back and now I get to say "you should have listened to me!" could add an "you old woman!" after that, but am sure it may not bode well for me.
      Last edited by mikedudley17; 11-19-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      ekkk glad my inlaws left Texas and went 2 little rock. i feel ur pain tho. i hate mouchers, and i cant stand when people take advantage of good things. i bet she was

SMOKING when it happened

lol sorry
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Thanks
      I would never call her ma a moocher cus she has helped me/us out alot, but none the less, I'm always apprehensive about lending things to other people. I've lost alot of tools that way. Now, if somebody wants to use my tools, I go to help them work on their project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast