•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.6 turbo

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i had the 04 r32, manual > automatic.

not really family friendly, but then again, an audi can be had in awd and 2.0t id buy one of those before before an evo or impreza as a family car, because the evo is like a cobalt ss, economy car with an expensive drivetrain, the evo is better built though than a cobalt. and subaru isnt bad but the back seat is small for car seats.. hell the new car seats make all the back seats seem small.

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i had the 04 r32, manual > automatic.

not really family friendly, but then again, an audi can be had in awd and 2.0t id buy one of those before before an evo or impreza as a family car, because the evo is like a cobalt ss, economy car with an expensive drivetrain, the evo is better built though than a cobalt. and subaru isnt bad but the back seat is small for car seats.. hell the new car seats make all the back seats seem small.
      The 2008 R32's transmission isn't technically an automatic. it's a twin clutch manual with an automatic shift feature.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Thanks
      Well I like the Evo drivetrain and the new Evo's are huge! Audi never did it for me. Hopped econo car does not really describe the new one very well anymore.

And as far as cobalt goes...there were thousands to choose from and I bought an Aveo. I hope GM is listening.
      A body to G Body to F Body to DSM to Subcompact?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      ive taken the DSG transmissions apart, if they could make it shift how i want them to, then i would keep it, but i hate the way the car down shifts. Besides that, if it has a Drive position, its an automatic.

3 pedal> 2 pedals regardless of shifter.

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      ive taken the DSG transmissions apart, if they could make it shift how i want them to, then i would keep it, but i hate the way the car down shifts. Besides that, if it has a Drive position, its an automatic.

3 pedal> 2 pedals regardless of shifter.
      whatever. I'm not getting into this argument.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
      And as far as cobalt goes...there were thousands to choose from and I bought an Aveo. I hope GM is listening.
      my sentiments exactly. although, i do have a cavalier and cobalt in the family, the cobalt is the worst of the three.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Z34guy View Post
      whatever. I'm not getting into this argument.

have you driven one? in theory it is better all around yes, but there is something about it in real life that hard to explain, like when you down shift to pass or accelerate, the rpm match isnt like an actual manual car, its hard to explain, its like the computer is preset to slow you down first, then you can accelerate.

i also autocrossed a vw dsg in the summer of 06, even though the shift is the same speed, the car was consistently faster in auto than with me shifting it manually, of the 5 of us running the car, only one of use could improve the times shifting themselves. mostly for the same reason, downshifting seems to slow the car instead of acceleration.. (but like i said, its not just "that" as an explanation, its a weird driving sensation and not one i would want to get used to).

What do you mean there's no turbo? AveoJoe's Avatar
      Thanks
      I'm sure to get one my wife loves it?? get one for her that is. starts at $18,960
      Last edited by AveoJoe; 10-19-2010 at 05:19 PM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      That R32 is really nice but at around 35k I would want a lot more SHOW! The Evo and WRX are way more fun and corky, the VW is a bit too conservative for me to spend that much on it. At 20k I would consider it, at 35k I would laugh! Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard...The juke is ugly but at least different than the average small SUV, sometimes the uglier/corkier the car the more appealing it is, Nissan builds great cars and they are always willing to deal, but on brand new models they may play hardball but so can u! U should also remember that sometimes it takes a couple of years for the company to get all the bugs out of new models, so buying it may mean dealing with some recalls down the road. Still, I'm a sucker for round headlights! Test drive it and go from there...

Banned
      Thanks
      I like the R32 for it's understated looks, AWD and V6 sound that can't be beaten by a 4 pot turbo. and that price was brand new. They're now about 20 grand used. I love that it looks like a normal Rabbit. They justifies the price in that the R32 was only offered 1 year, 2008 and only 5000 models were made for the US market. Limited editions and production does drive the price up for it's collectability.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast