•  

Thread: WTB 2008 Factory CD MP3

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

WTB 2008 Factory CD MP3

Im doing everything about as factory as i can. I need a 2008 CD player. I looked into this... they changed the wireing harness for 2008, so it has to be the 2008 Factory Unit.

Im willing to pay good money for this... at the same time, no rediculas amounts as well!!!

There was one on ebay, but he wanted $300... LOL

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: WTB 2008 Factory CD MP3

Chris,

I know what you mean by wanting a clean factory look, but you can get a nice aftermarket HU with wayyyy more features and way more power and it will look clean. Great thing about these cars is there is a dash kit and wiring harness available so it will be plug and play, no cutting of wires or anything. And you can always pull it back out if you sell and replace with the original. For 300 bucks you can get something with a USB and IPOD connection, and expandable for bluetooth and SAT radio, heck you can get this for 200 bucks or less.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

problem is that i live in a downtown area with shady parking... i want thieves to look in the car and see nothing of interest....

if aftermarket was the case, i would just get teh indash DVD AVI Mp3 setup for $500

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

get a player with a removeable faceplate???? just keep checkin around, try gmpartsdirect.com as well, see what turns up.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

how did you verify the wiring change? i have been looking myself...

i was going to buy an after market harness and then get a harness section out of a junk yard and make a jumper section to make the new plug work. but then i decided i dont listen to cds. and it would be better go get a newer ipod and speakers for the money. (mine already has the aux jack)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      how did you verify the wiring change? i have been looking myself...

i was going to buy an after market harness and then get a harness section out of a junk yard and make a jumper section to make the new plug work. but then i decided i dont listen to cds. and it would be better go get a newer ipod and speakers for the money. (mine already has the aux jack)
      Sorry, I didn't verify the change to 2009. By his post "WTB 2008 Factory CD MP3" and his sig. I figured he had an 08 hatch. In that case this would work.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... =120708405

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      get a player with a removeable faceplate????
      +1

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

but he said it changes in 08, i figure it might be the harness change with the newer dash that went into the 08 sedans, which is also in the 09 hatch. Ive been trying to figure out if there is actually a change in the harness, so i could buy a stereo too, even that harness jumper you posted a link to includes 99+ as the description, i didn't see a separate one for 08+. Although in my case a lot of my search come up empty. nothing for the new body of the aveo available yet, even from looking what is barely available on the old body doesn't give me much hope.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      but he said it changes in 08, i figure it might be the harness change with the newer dash that went into the 08 sedans, which is also in the 09 hatch. Ive been trying to figure out if there is actually a change in the harness, so i could buy a stereo too, even that harness jumper you posted a link to includes 99+ as the description, i didn't see a separate one for 08+. Although in my case a lot of my search come up empty. nothing for the new body of the aveo available yet, even from looking what is barely available on the old body doesn't give me much hope.
      If the 09 hatch is anything like the 08, the stereo removes in less than 5 minutes, so maybe just pull it out and look. The link I posted is the actual picture of the harness, not a "representation" so see if it matches up. worst case you can order it and crutchfield is good about returning things if it doesn't fit and you didn't actually install it.