•  

Thread: For Sale 2009 Aveo LT - Rebuilt LXV engine - new suspension - needs trans $600

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

For Sale 2009 Aveo LT - Rebuilt LXV engine - new suspension - needs trans $600

Update: Car is SOLD.

Hey Guys.

So I've decided to cut my losses with this damn car. I've got over $1700 into it just this year. Story behind it is simple - the trans went out at 110K miles. I pulled the engine and trans and sent the engine out for overhaul while i waited on a low milage used trans to come in. (Spoiler alert - the replacement trans also has problems - drives fine, but leaks fluid...).

The LXV engine is solid. It's been running great since the rebuild - lots of new parts - oil pump, timing components, water pump, new gaskets, seals, head rebuilt, block was taken to a machine shop and honed, new piston rings, main and rod bearings installed. New A/C compressor, condenser, orfice valve installed as well (never got around to re-charging with R134A though) No leaks at all. I probably have maybe 50 miles on it total since the rebuild.

As an added bonus, there is a brand new suspension all around - control arms, ball joints, struts, springs, links, etc. Again maybe 50 miles in total.

I really don't wanna dump any more time or money into this. The price on a new trans for these cars is astronomical and, frankly not worth it IMO. The car itself looks fair, but the clearcoat is shot and the paint is fading. I was thinking on just donating it for a tax break but if there are any takers on here that want it - $600 takes it. I have well over that into this car in parts alone just this year. It runs and drives, but leaks trans fluid. Would be a great parts car if nothing else.

Located in Chula Vista, CA 91910
      text me
      858-568-8578

- Corey
      Name:  IMG_6786.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  301.7 KB

Last edited by uwwsquirrel; 10-28-2020 at 08:08 PM. Reason: SOLD

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      UPDATE 10/28/2020 - Car is sold.