•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cobalt swapped Aveo race/show car for sale

Thanks

Re: Cobalt swapped Aveo race/show car for sale

you kno i didnt do anything to my aveo till i saw this in one of me and my husnands favorite magazine to get every month still have this issue on the build too.....and soon as i saw it i was smitten i had to make my car to just as awesome as this one even though ill never get there of course but gave me hope that its possible you can do things to an aveo and that it can be part of the racing world and be in magazines that all u usually see is hondas and japanese cars like skylines and silvias n such.]

may i say i wish i can buy it if i could it wouldve been on the worlds of fort hood right now!!
      beaaaauuuutiful!! =D> =D> =D>

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Thank YOU

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

though i have always wondered if the car could still be improved upon easily, i think you said in a youtube comment that it is about a 12 second car?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks
      So how much are you trying to get for it?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      i think they were looking for something in the 20's?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      So I guess Aveos have lost interest? I love mine even though its been through hell and back, and at 10 years old and still running ('07 purchased in '06) I am entertaining stocking up on swap parts. By that I mean over the next year or so collecting all the necessities so that I can do the swap once I have bought a new daily. I always loved driving and wish I had the money to get into racing, but that is not that case. I once drove a friends 1.8T Jetta and realized how lacking my car was despite it being fun to drive (a little turbo changes everything).

I really came here to find out if the mounts and other knick knacks are still (or ever truly were) available for purchase and what they would cost?

Its funny, but I cant even seem to find a video of the Green Monster driving.

Either way, I think its awesome that you took the time and your/GM's money and dumped it into such a worthless Korean POS to make it a racer. It may seem sarcastic but I and probably many others here, have that dream.

Don't get me wrong I say it with the deepest sincerity as I still daily my Aveo. I absolutely love driving mine to this day and even after numerous sets of control arms, a blown clutch that exploded through the bell housing (at like 48k, apparently I must have drag raced it to get that result according to Chevy-and btw none of it was covered under warranty), endless tires and steelies, sway bars, another clutch (throwout bearing went), valve cover, timing belt, throttle body, and of course normal maintenance.

No matter what I try very single link to any possible upgrade or aftermarket part seems to be a dead link which is a shame. I look every once in a while for the parts but all I ever get are results for HIDs, Body kits, generic intakes and decals.

I just know that when its time for a new daily driver wherever I go wouldn't offer me more than $500 (if that), so why not keep a car I already know most of the ins and outs of and keep it in order for a backup or possible motor swap. Who knows, maybe one day AVEOs will be rare and sought after.....hahahaha

Seriously though, if you still do or can make or have the parts there's at least one owner out here who's interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123