•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: safc2 installation instructions now with PICTURES

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I did weld a bung into the downpipe to accept an AEM Wideband for tuning.

Lets get a couple of things strait:

ECU Modes:
      OPEN LOOP - this is the mode your ECU is in until the coolant temperature and a couple other sensors get to operating values. This is also true when you are at WOT or when throwing codes/ CEL's

CLOSED LOOP - the ecu uses information primarily from the Oxygen Sensor and adjusts fuel delivery and timing to achieve minimum emmisions, better gas mileage and power.

Now during normal driving circumstances, you are in closed loop. When the car is cold, or your at WOT, it goes into open loop.

Open loop operation means your engine is, for the most part, being controlled by few variables, and running from preprogrammed maps in the ECU. The SAFC will only change fuel values while in this open loop state, because the engine ignored the o2 sensor, and goes by map, throttle, etc to trim fuel.

Therefore, when the ECU is in open loop at WOT, you can modify map sensor voltage, and therefore tricking the ecu into adding or removing fuel, at WOT only.

To tune, you MUST have the afc set up and wires properly, and you MUST have a wideband o2 sensor. I drove on the expressway, did about 10 3rd gear pulls, carefully monitoring the wideband, and changing the map after each pull until i got the desired air/fuel ratio under WOT for the entire powerband.

This type of tune will not do anything to normal driving or partial throttles, only under high load, WOT pulls.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      wow, thanks for the info! answered my questions and then some.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

Re: safc2 installation instructions now with PICTURES

is it necessary to have the neo hooked into the knock sensor wire? im thinkin of disconnecting it and seeing if that helps to keep me from throwin a knock sensor system error code. i mean according to my autoxray, im not runnin lean, at full throttle i manage to keep it in between the 20-25% short term fuel range. just curious.

Thanks

dang 3 posts in a row by me...

anyways, i went out and cut the wire for the knock control sensor and drove around for a bit. drove hard for about 5 minutes then a nice drive for 10 minutes. never threw a code or had one pending. its just i dunno if this will affect any of the tuning that can be done with the neo.

another question:

if the knock sensor is tripped, will that send my car into "limp mode." i ask because if that was the case, then my tunes are not gonna be accurate at all.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Any time you're adjusting their AFR you most certainly want the knock sensor working and hooked up to your ecu or afc (both unless the AFC is a standalone). If you're ECU gets a knock detected signal (usually a couple in a row, I believe) it will go into "limp mode" as you call it. It's a safer fuel map. If you're AFC is still adjusting the fuel injection and doesn't get the signal, and allow the ECU to do what it's supposed to, you run the risk of screwing up the motor. Limp mode is there for a reason.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks

the knock sensor cable is still hooked into the ecu, just not the AFC. i may reconnect it but i like not throwin codes and the car doesnt stutter anymore on takeoffs and thru the acceleration. we will see. if kirko would log onto aveoclub once in a while to help me out and check his messages lol...jk

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

any diagram for de ecm ?

Thanks

Has anyone wired a neo into an automatic?

Is there a map of sorts that someone can provide as to the pinout or labels of each pinout for an 04-06 auto?

like this: http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ecu-harness-1G.html
      ^ thats for a 1g talon/eclipse but showing as example of what im looking for.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      is it same wiring color code for aveo 1.5L auto 2004?.. please help me..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123