•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Routing power wire for amp?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Routing power wire for amp?

When I had the wheels swapped, I noticed that the previous owner had a complete rustproofing/undercoating applied. My theory is that, if I penetrate the underside with my mounting screws, I will spray the area with more rubberized undercoating. That should protect from rust.

The occasion when someone sits in my backseat will be pretty rare, but I know that is a danger.

The amp is going to be driving a pair of bass shakers, so I'll be drilling into the floor either way. But because of space restraints, I may have to fabricate a rack for under the seat, or mount the amp somewhere else.

I'll start a thread in the A/V forum and try to post some pics up once I get the project underway. I have the bass shakers, but I still need the amp.

2007 Chevy Aveo 5 SVM

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

I think all aveos have that rubber coating on the bottom, mine did new from the factory...

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

I ran my power wire along the driver side, from the battery into the fender. From the fender it goes in to the left of your feet. This is the same path the stock wire cluster takes.

The amp is under the seat, screwed to the carpet. Floor mat slightly covers it. I have never had it overheat... not in the Aveo anyway.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I'm still not seeing how to get through from the passenger side of my 2011. And I'm not sure how to get to it on the drivers side either, I'm a n0ob at this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12