•  

Thread: Power Steering Pump on 2006 Aveo LS

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Power Steering Pump on 2006 Aveo LS

I changed my Power Steering pump on my car in February of this year. The first step is to lift the car remove the passenger tire and remove the dust cover and be sure to put a jack stand under the car. Next Remove the drivebelt usually by using A 14mm Wrench to turn the Idler pulley until belt comes off. Next Remove the AC Compressor by removing the four 12mm bolts that mount onto the Frame that the Power Steering pump sits on. Next Remove the Two hoses off the Power Steering pump allow time to drain or just use a bucket to drain it. There are four 14mm Bolts that hold the power steering pump housing on the engine. Keep in mind the two short ones go on bottom and the Two long ones goes on top. The housing that the power steering pump sits on is to big to pull out from the top you have to pull it out on the bottom. Once you have it off you can put the new one on or if you went to a parts store a remanufactured one does not come with a pulley so you will have to go to a shop that specializes in this, or you can pay two hundred dollars for a new one at the dealership. The installation is the reverse as the removal. Make sure to put the power steering fluid up to the Min Mark turn the wheel to the left and crank the car. Run the car for three minutes while turning the steering wheel left and right without reaching the limit. Turn the car off and fill the reservoir to MAX Level and take the car down the road for a test run.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonwarrior2016 For This Useful Post:

denizbolat (04-06-2016)