•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passenger Airbag Disable Switch and Glove Box Switch

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Passenger Airbag Disable Switch and Glove Box Switch

I Have aveo 2009 1.6 LXV. I need to change the harness of airbag. I already bought the harness from a car has a crash. The harness P/N: 96826422. When I am trying to install the harness I found everything match except two plugs. The one is Passenger Airbag Disable Switch and the second is the Glove Box Switch and I am searching the crashed car and I did not find any location or witches for these two plugs. Are these plugs spare or used in aveo.
      When I searched the net I found that the Passenger Airbag Disable Switch looks like the attached image. Is this switch exist in aveo 2009.
      ThanksName:  4233207.jpg
Views: 5564
Size:  17.6 KB

Thanks
      Please anyone reply. This part is a manual on/off for the pasenger airbag. Is the aveo has an auto one?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      In the US we are not allowed to disable airbags unless the car requires a car seat to go in the front (2 door trucks, 2 seat coupes). So that switch is not in any of our cars. Air bags are also different from country requirements, what seat up do you have? do you have side impact bags in the seats? Do you have a weight sensor in the seat? Seat belt sensor?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      In the US we are not allowed to disable airbags unless the car requires a car seat to go in the front (2 door trucks, 2 seat coupes). So that switch is not in any of our cars. Air bags are also different from country requirements, what seat up do you have? do you have side impact bags in the seats? Do you have a weight sensor in the seat? Seat belt sensor?
      Thank you so much. I had side impact sensors in the front seats, seat belt sensor and weight sensor in the passenger seat.

Thanks
      I forgot to tell you that I am purchasing a crashed car imported from US (Minnesota) its VIN is: KL1TD56E49B398338. Also, I found the following routing schematic of the SIR system for North America cars and there is the two plugs I mentioned before No (9 and 10).
      Name:  SIR.jpg
Views: 4285
Size:  108.6 KB

Thanks
      I need to know are the plugs No. 9 and 10 used in the US cars or not?

Thanks
      I installed the SRS harness today and everything is OK. I tested the power and grounds and connections everything is OK but the system did not work and the airbag symbol for the driver and passenger did not work. the entire system did not work. The Technician told me that the SDM need programming. Is this right and I so I can use the TECH2 in the programming like the A/C programming.
      The attached is my SDM.
      Name:  DSC_0648.jpg
Views: 3424
Size:  301.2 KB

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Your getting a little ahead of my programming, I usually stop at engine tuning, not reprogramming airbags.

How do you know whether the system works or not without the airbag going off? I am asking to see what your level of experience here is. Does the rest of your harness and gauge cluster have the necessary connections to illuminate the air/srs light?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to petrified.rabbit For This Useful Post:

drmagieed (02-04-2016)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Your getting a little ahead of my programming, I usually stop at engine tuning, not reprogramming airbags.

How do you know whether the system works or not without the airbag going off? I am asking to see what your level of experience here is. Does the rest of your harness and gauge cluster have the necessary connections to illuminate the air/srs light?
      I tested the power connection and the entire harness was installed with its original plugs and sensors. There is no cutting in the harness and also there is no plugs missing in the harness except a small plug (2 pins) coming from the harness of the car not the SRS harness it located beneath the passenger seat.
      I read when you replace new SDM you should make it work by using Tech2 to make the system feel it. Like when I installed the A/C and not work until I used Teh2 to make it Yes.
      Also I noted that in the body menu in Tech2 there are two options related to SRS:
      F2 Passenger Presence System
      F5 Supplemental Resistant System
      Like the attached photo.
      I asked if this menu can help me because the service price here is very expensive and the dealer not allowed to work in North America car.
      Thanks
      Name:  tech2_ac_flow.jpg
Views: 3603
Size:  292.6 KB

Thanks
      Please let me know If there is enabling for SRS in Tech2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast