•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to open my aveo without a key

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      You can lock your keys in alright; if your car is a bargain basement base model like mine, and it doesn't have power locks or keyless entry. And I unfortunately locked myself out of Scoots last month; left my keys on the passenger seat, all the doors were locked, and I had to call my parents to bring me my spare key. I'm seriously considering cutting a 4th key and hiding it somewhere underneath my car in one of those hidden key boxes so that situation never happens again.
      None of my cars have keyless entry, and I prefer it that way. Two things are always on my person: my keys and my wallet. But we're all only human and we're all liable to make mistakes.

So here's a simple solution for you: have a duplicate key made from the generic ILCO blank #X174 TR40. It lies flat because doesn't have the big, black plastic head on it. Put it in your wallet. Potential problem solved.

Of course if you forget your wallet, you might have an even bigger problem if you are stopped by the cops...

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      None of my cars have keyless entry, and I prefer it that way. Two things are always on my person: my keys and my wallet. But we're all only human and we're all liable to make mistakes.

So here's a simple solution for you: have a duplicate key made from the generic ILCO blank #X174 TR40. It lies flat because doesn't have the big, black plastic head on it. Put it in your wallet. Potential problem solved.

Of course if you forget your wallet, you might have an even bigger problem if you are stopped by the cops...
      yeah, those boys in Blue (or Brown) REALLY don't like it when you can't give them your License. I might try to see if the First Gen Key Blanks work, since the head is MUCH Smaller than the second Gen Key Blanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12