•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to open my aveo without a key

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

to open my aveo without a key

is it possible without breaking glass to open mij aveo. I left my carkey in the car and the other key is left at my hollidayadres...

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      you really only have two choices here; either 1: Call a Reputable Licensed/Bonded Locksmith in your area, or 2: have someone drive you to where your spare key is. because the Aveo's interior door handles are rendered inoperative (like when the Child Safety Locks in the back doors are in the locked position) when the doors are locked.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      try opening with string.
      Make slide able noose, wiggle in from top corner and work way down to lock knob and tighten and pull up.
      genius.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eUecyl0L9g

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      you really only have two choices here; either 1: Call a Reputable Licensed/Bonded Locksmith in your area, or 2: have someone drive you to where your spare key is. because the Aveo's interior door handles are rendered inoperative (like when the Child Safety Locks in the back doors are in the locked position) when the doors are locked.
      Nah, there's a third choice: find the local car thief and slip him a few dollars. He needs someone who knows how to use a "slim Jim" to jimmy the door open. But apparently he's in the Netherlands. Maybe there are no crooks in that country.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kees45 View Post
      is it possible without breaking glass to open mij aveo. I left my carkey in the car and the other key is left at my hollidayadres...
      I must be one of the lucky few, My 07 Aveo5 driver door will not lock without the use of the key. I thought that was a sweet idea.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Make a loop out of piece of plastic strapping in on the backside of the door by the window and slide it over the lock button, tighten it up and pull it up.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Wait a minute... I gotta know how you actually managed to lock your keys in?

My fathers 05 and my 08 prevents you from doing this by locking out the lock when the door is open so the only times that it can actually be locked is either with you in it or via the key from the outside. I believe this is standard on all of them...

My best guess is that you had to have crawled out a passenger door or out the trunk lol
      Last edited by RBRx; 12-28-2014 at 02:48 PM.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by RBRx View Post
      Wait a minute... I gotta know how you actually managed to lock your keys in?

My fathers 05 and my 08 prevents you from doing this by locking out the lock when the door is open so the only times that it can actually be locked is either with you in it or via the key from the outside. I believe this is standard on all of them...

My best guess is that you had to have crawled out a passenger door or out the trunk lol
      You can lock your keys in alright; if your car is a bargain basement base model like mine, and it doesn't have power locks or keyless entry. And I unfortunately locked myself out of Scoots last month; left my keys on the passenger seat, all the doors were locked, and I had to call my parents to bring me my spare key. I'm seriously considering cutting a 4th key and hiding it somewhere underneath my car in one of those hidden key boxes so that situation never happens again.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Strange, My fathers is a base model and it has it so im guessing now there was a point in time where it wasn't a standard "feature".

Sucks you magaged to lock yourself out... I was kind of pissed when I found out the only way to lock my car from the outside was with a key and no "Pre-locking" the door but after I noticed why It did that I found it to be quite novel

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      you can tap out the lock cylinder from the handle, and then push it all down to unlock the door. It will be hard without damaging it. But if you were trying to break it to steal stuff, it takes about 2 seconds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast