•  

Thread: Cleaning engine and suspension with water

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Cleaning engine and suspension with water

so here it goes, just few days back i purchased chevrolet aveo lt 2007 model manual transmission with 1.5 l engine. i am very satisfied with this car. drive is excellent. my condition is bad for now as it requires some mechanical work and denting painting but thats not an issue the main problem is cleaning the car i have no idea what to do. here are few questions i want to ask:

1. can i wash the car engine with water using high pressure ?

2. can i lift my car to wash the suspension and other things that are under and near suspension.

3. can i apply oil after washing with water on both engine and suspension ?

please help me out i am pretty confuse as this car looks to fragile and delicate. i dont want to damage anything

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      This is my personal approach. I usually start the engine and have it rolling. I use water to wet the engine, followed by purple magic, and then high pressure onto the engine. I am usually careful around the electronics/electrical and air intake.

I don't bother with oil afterwards, you can use WD40 (water displacement) but that's a personal choice. Personally any oil is going to attract dirt.

Pay attention to where is the dirt before you wash it. Dirt means it has stuck to accumulated oil that leaked spilled from somewhere. Just saying.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      This is my personal approach. I usually start the engine and have it rolling. I use water to wet the engine, followed by purple magic, and then high pressure onto the engine. I am usually careful around the electronics/electrical and air intake.

I don't bother with oil afterwards, you can use WD40 (water displacement) but that's a personal choice. Personally any oil is going to attract dirt.

Pay attention to where is the dirt before you wash it. Dirt means it has stuck to accumulated oil that leaked spilled from somewhere. Just saying.
      i am more worried about fuel injector's connector. will water damage those injectors ??

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Siddiec View Post
      i am more worried about fuel injector's connector. will water damage those injectors ??
      There is the fuel connector that's under high pressure, so water will not get into those. The electrical connectors are on the back side of the engine, so if you go out of your way to blast that area, maybe but those connectors are pretty well sealed.

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....