•  

Thread: 2011 Aveo Remote Start

What's wrong with my car? 87pontiac's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2011 Aveo Remote Start

When installing a remote start on the 2011 Aveo, the "YELLOW" wire from the starter is where I connected the "STARTER" wire from the Remote Starter unit, (under hood near center of firewall may be plastic sheathing tube).
      The "PARK LIGHT" wire was connected directly at the driver side park lamp ( use long wire to continue to under dash for connection to module( remote start). All websites say to connect at ignition switch location, but it did not work for me.
      After searching online for a wiring schematic for my 4 door chevy aveo 2011, the ignition switch wiring was wrong from all websites, only through trial and error did I come up this setup, it works.
      Only thing I did to bypass anti-theft was to use spare key zip tied to the 'Black Ring around ignition switch. Ring was removed, spare key zip tied to inside of ring and placed anywhere under dash as one unit.

Starter Wire from remote start...........Under hood Starter YELLOW WIRE
      Park Light wire from remote start........At driver side park light connector( when park lights on test with 12V lamp)

For help post reply
      Ron
      Canada

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I got a remote start a year ago and still have yet to install it. I don't want to mess anything up

What's wrong with my car? 87pontiac's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Best advice would be to familiarize yourself with the Installation Manual first. Don't rush, double check connections, test with 12V Test Light or Ohm meter before making ANY CONNECTIONS. Do one wire at a time and allow for bumps in the road. Lastly, before proceeding, do some stretching and bending because you will be bent in all kinds of positions as you install this item.
      Like I said, I searched all over the net for a proper wiring diagram for my 2011 Aveo, most of the ignition switches were heavy gauge wire but mine was not.http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...o_ignition.jpg this photo is of the heavy gauge type where all connections can be made under the dash. If you need pictures let me know.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/attac...s-img_2194-jpg this was my Ignition switch wiring.

Last edited by 87pontiac; 12-01-2015 at 09:44 PM.