Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      mine does very well in the snow.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      mine does very well in the snow.
      Rabbit, you meant to say ”I do well in snow in mine, just like any other car I drive”

Driver matters big time in snow, rain, etc... Some people end up in a ditch even with AWD, ESC, ABS, and Traction Control...

By the way, what happened to wolf?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks
      It's finally gettin snowy and slippery up here in Wasilla AK. Time to put the Studded Snow tires on and throw the tire chains in the trunk. I can break loose and spin up the 215/60 Cooper Cobra's all day in 4th just by steppin on it. I just put in a new Optima Red Top and installed a Remote Start. It only starts when the E-brake is up and only runs the heater. If I drop the E-brake it shuts off. I turn the key and than the Radio/lights come on.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Just bought my 2005 Aveo hatchback, 5spd this spring. I put Firestone Winterforces on mine for this winter (first winter with the Aveo in Fairbanks). It came with steel wheels, 2 of which were bent, so right after buying it I bought 195 Kumho performance tires on fairly light 15" aluminum wheels. Found out it was cheaper to buy and ship from TireRack.com than getting anything local. This fall I got 2 more steel wheels and a local special on the Firestones.

Anyway, I've enjoyed it. Performance tires in the summer mean I can embarass tailgaters on the twisties, but they suck in snow, hence the Winterforces. It's no 4wd, but I live 2.5 miles off the highway 25 miles north of Fairbanks, so the last mile of my drive home is an ATV trail by Anchorage standards, and I don't think I'll be stuck except in the last steep part of my driveway after snowstorms.

I wish I had taken pics this spring when I got the Aveo stuck and ended up pulling it the rest of the way up the drive with my Polaris Sportsman 500! Didn't have any help around at the time so left the car in neutral and the key on to unlock the steering and just pulled it along.. pretty funny.

I've been thrilled at getting an average of around 30mpg so far. I have a lead foot, and 30 is more than double what I was getting commuting in my truck.

Thanks
      I had to go and test out the new Timing Belt. I figured after 114K It's time. eek! I also changed the water pump, tensioner and idler. I've got about 20K on that aluminum underdrive pulley and the belt wore pretty deep side groves into it where it rubs... Probably because the old belt was starting to fray...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12