•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilwood big brake kits; anyone intrested?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Wilwood big brake kits; anyone intrested?

I have them available for the forenza/reno and can get them made for the aveo if there is intrest. If there is a kit already out there by wilwood that'll fit up with an extra washer here, or a little grind there then if there is only one person intrested I could probably get you a kit.

For the forenza we have front brakes available in 11", 11.75", 11.9"x1.25" (track setup), and 12.2" kit. All with two peice disc both drilled and/or slotted (plain if you'd like) with 4 piston calipers.

Prices for the forenza/reno are from $650-$2000 depending on the setup. The best bang for the buck kit is about $800 shipped, and with that kit I managed to lock up the wheels at 110mph after 17mins on the road course and with 215mm azenis tires.

Danny

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I'm interested, its just a bit early yet. It will probably be about next year this time when Im ready to buy more stuff. Im spending a few grand in spring...

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xstevex
      I'm interested, its just a bit early yet. It will probably be about next year this time when Im ready to buy more stuff. Im spending a few grand in spring...
      Alright, just shoot me a PM or email (dannyhesketh@hotmail.com) when you're intrested. It does take some time, my wilwood guy's pretty damn busy so don't wait last min. It could take anywhere from a week to two months in extream cases.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      would be a cool upgrade but i think a little overkill but mabye nothing is overkill.

wheres the short shifts at kinky

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by shapinoweno
      would be a cool upgrade but i think a little overkill but mabye nothing is overkill.

wheres the short shifts at kinky
      Nah, If you have decent tires I think brake upgrades are some of the best. I'll be doing it to all my cars, that's for sure. My bbk has saved me a few times.

Thanks
      I have a reserve money supply that I keep for "expensive" things such as this offer, I can't tell you how much but it's definately enough for something like that $800 kit. So basically sure I'm interested, but just "interested", not "ready to buy".

A question: Is it a total brake conversion for the fronts and backs, or just for the fronts? If it's just the front that would look kinda... Gay.

I'd only be interested if I could get brakes for the front and disk conversion in the back, I don't want anything else.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      I have a reserve money supply that I keep for "expensive" things such as this offer, I can't tell you how much but it's definately enough for something like that $800 kit. So basically sure I'm interested, but just "interested", not "ready to buy".

A question: Is it a total brake conversion for the fronts and backs, or just for the fronts? If it's just the front that would look kinda... Gay.

I'd only be interested if I could get brakes for the front and disk conversion in the back, I don't want anything else.
      Alright.

They are just the fronts, upgrading the rears isn't really worth the money unless your doing allot of track days. A rear disc conversion would be a very good idea though. I've been running slotted rotors in the rear with a BBK up front for sometime and don't feel the need to upgrade the rears, though I'm doing it anyways more for the fact that they're are no decent pads out for the stock rears and they cost $85 compared to a BBK would be more like $40. The front is like 80% of your braking, and if your using BBK and don't have a stiff suspension the front will be an even higher % cause you'll be putting so much of the weight on the front when braking.

Thanks
      yeah im down with a bbk, and the price is pretty good. we just got to much billz right noe. i only have about enough for a short shifter "KINKY"

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by shapinoweno
      yeah im down with a bbk, and the price is pretty good. we just got to much billz right noe. i only have about enough for a short shifter "KINKY"
      Ahhh I know I need to figure something out with those...

Thanks
      shoot me some plans and ill make it myself, and i will give you cash for the plans. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast