•  

Thread: which springs have softest ride and the least amount of drop ?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

which springs have softest ride and the least amount of drop ?

LOVE THE LOOK OF MY CAR WITH MY 17'S. BUT IT RIDES WORSE THAN MY DAUGHTER SHOCKLESS GO CART WITH THE 205/40/17'S AND THE H&R SPRINGS
      THE 09/10 AVEO HAS A LOW SPOT IN THE INNER FRONT FENDER THAT GOES JUST ABOVE TIRE TOP TO WHERE BUMPER MEETS FENDER (ON THE INSIDE )I DONT THINK AN 04/08 INNER FENDER WILL WORK ON 09/10 MODELS (BECAUSE OF NOSE CHNG ON 09/10 MODELS )
      MY CAR IS RUBBING THIS SPOT .IF IM RUNNING 70 DOWN INTERSTATE AND HIT A CHNGING ROAD SPOT U CAN HEAR IT RUB FOR AN INSTANT ,,BUT DRIVING 70 THERES A LOT OF INTSANCES
      ITS ENOUGH ITS RUBBIN THRU MY INNER FENDER IN SPOTS OR WILL EVENTUALLY BREAK EM BADLY
      ALL MY FRIENDS SAY CUT IT OUT- IM NOT GONNA ..I PAY 60 MONTHS ON THIS AND THIS GIVES ME NIGHTMARES . I WILL GET A SMALLER WHEEL FIRST ,,BUT I SURE DONT WANT TO CHNG WHEELS
      IF I CAN JUST GET FRONT END UP MAYBE A QRTR IN OR SO I KNOW I WILL B OKAY
      SO HERES MY QUESTION AND ITS SUPER IMPORTANT AND YOUR INPUT IS MUCH APPRECIATED
      WHICH SPRING FOR OUR AVEO'S HAS THE "LEAST" AMOUNT OF DROP
      IS THERE A HALF IN DROP DIFFERENCE IN FRONT BETWEEN H&R AND OTHER BRANDS
      IF SO ILL TRY ANOTHR SET OF SPRINGS BEFORE I SELL MY WHEELS
      AND BY THE WAY H&R IS NOT THE GREATEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD FOR TECH SUPPORT
      THEIR ANSWER WAS "WELL MAYBE YOUR SPRINGS HAVE WRONG PART NUMBER IN CORECT BOX"
      IM LIKE DOES THIS REALLY HAPPEN ONCE IN A WHILE ,,AND APPPARENTLY IT DOES
      SO I DOUBLE CHECKED I HAVE THE RIGHT H&R SPRINGS . THEN THEY SAY WELL WITH A LOW PROFILE TIRE ITS JUST NATURE OF BEAST '
      I KNOW IT WILL B STIFFER BUT LOL NOT THIS STIFF
      AND I KNOW THEY ARE ON RIGHT,,IM NOT A CERTIFIED TECH NOW BUT I USE TO B AND LOL IM FRIENDS WITH PICKIEST MECHANIC IN WORLD (ME)
      SO IF U GUYS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PASS EM ON
      I TRULY THINK APEX SPRINGS WILL B MY CURE ALL AND THINK THEY HAV LEAST DROP
      BUT NOTHING TALKS LIKE EXPERIENCE . i was just gonna add a small spring spacer to front of mine and raise it a lil , but this is sorry way out
      i truly think i have bad h&r springs,,on front index finger wont fit between tire and wheelwel
      so im gonna buy another set of springs, especially after reading on here people have gotten bad ones brand new
      SO WHICH ONES HAVE THE LEAST DROP

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: which springs have softest ride and the least amount of drop ?

can i suggest keeping your set up and adding neoprene bump stops? adjusted to stop the suspension travel to right before you scrape? or add a 1/2"-1" to the stock bump stops..

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

What rabbit suggested is a good way to do it. And for the least drop, if you decide to go that route, I'd say Eibach (1.3" front / 1" back)

But instead of spending another $200 for the second set of springs just sell the ones you have and get some coilovers (around $230) and the sway bar links adapter kit from rabbit (he can clarify the price)... then you can set it at any height...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

coil over deal looks complicated ,,but hek its reasonable ,,will it soften ride?

Thanks

thats first thing h&r tech dude asked me was about bumpstops
      im like i know they arent modified ,,its a brand new car
      guys the bak is fine its front thats being a terror
      im too low in front
      i have less than an index finger thickness btween tire and lip
      what bumpstops are u speaking of
      the ones on top of shoks in front ?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

the bumpstops go on the piston rod of the strut. the prevent upward travel past a certain point.

the spot you are rubbing on is almost gone on my car but what offset and width wheel are you running? i would image that might be part of your issue.

but your kind of looking for two different things "soft" ride would allow more suspension travel and increase the rubbing issue, you dont want to correct it with a harsh suspension necessarily, but you want to stop the travel before the car rubs on the tire.

you can buy fully adjustable coil overs and set the ride where you want it, while maintaining what ever ride height you want. they are more money the basic "cheap" coil overs like raceland, or rokkor.

Thanks

i may install stok springs back in front leav the dropds ones in rear if it will level it out
      im happy

will it sit level then