•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shocks and struts

Shocks and struts

Well KYB does not know when they will produce struts for the Aveo. The AGX model would be best as they are adjustable.
      So we wait. I am sure I will blow my stock shocks and struts out pretty quick when the race season starts.
      Any one have an "In" with KYB?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I've tried, but got the same respons...we don't know yet.

it really sucks, cause we cant really blame them, if the demand was there they(suspension companys) would make shocks, struts, coilovers, all of those things. but there isnt. and i guess we cant be blamed either, most people that own a aveo cant afford a $1200 dollar set of coilovers, so every is and will remain dead. unless someone takes the first big leap and makes the aveo "cool" in the tuner markets eyes. then things will change.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      too bad the only person in NA that i know that has coilovers on their aveo doesnt post and wont share the information....all i know is that they came from a honda.....

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      too bad the only person in NA that i know that has coilovers on their aveo doesnt post and wont share the information....all i know is that they came from a honda.....

That seems to be a growing trend i've noticed...people who own Aveos that get performance/suspension parts and won't tell anyone who/where they got them..pricing..and only post pictures. It's not fair to those of us who would like to get them too. Just for the sake of being unique and depriving an entire realm of aveo modders...it isn't right.
      2006 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback - getting sold soon
      1996 Dodge Grand Caravan - The daily mommy shuttle
      1998 Lexus SC400
      1988 Toyota Supra - fully built JDM 7MGTE T40 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by aveogyrl
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM

That seems to be a growing trend i've noticed...people who own Aveos that get performance/suspension parts and won't tell anyone who/where they got them..pricing..and only post pictures. It's not fair to those of us who would like to get them too. Just for the sake of being unique and depriving an entire realm of aveo modders...it isn't right.
      If this is in fact the case it is a shame. We are not dealing with high end sports cars here. I know for me I have got all sorts of help form the forum and have been able to better prep my car for Autocross. But I still need suspension work and for that it seems the road ends. But I too think someone knows something and does not want to share. Too bad.

I'm really disapointed with KYB. I can't believe they still haven't released struts for our cars. I was sure GR2 struts would be available by at least the end of the year. All we can do is continue to spam them with email requests that they release the struts. If enough people continue to spam, they will eventually deem it cost effective to sell the product.

Someone with a 2nd car that can afford to give up the Aveo for a week or so needs to start trekking to their local tuner shops. Ask the shop if they can test fit other shocks/struts from Honda, Hundai, Kia.... anyone. There has to be a decent performance strut out there that fits. I can't give up my car for any amount of time or I'd be looking all over the place. There are tons of tuner shops here in Austin and in San Antonio (just an hour away).

Hey all,
      I found a company that has shocks and struts for a Daewoo Lanos. Is this the same as the Aveo?

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/inde ... de=results

Pretty sure the Aveo is the Kalos, not the Lanos. Some parts are interchangable with slight modifications, but the struts are not.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Front struts are totally different. They actually have bolts holding them into the upper portion under the hood unlike the aveo.

The rear are similar, but KYB already has shocks available for the rear as of a few months ago.

Do you already have some intrax or H&R springs? What about your front swaybar bushings, did you switch them out to polyurethane?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast