•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh s;&:t my TPMS is starting to fail! (And how I fixed it)

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by EAD15 View Post
      Solid "maybe" from what I can tell just poking around the software. My car doesn't have ABS so I can't test it though.
      Yes, the VCX Nano mimics the Tech2 that a dealerships uses; I connected it to my dad’s Silverado and it read every module the truck had installed (and it DOES have ABS)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2010AveoLT For This Useful Post:

OG-Lou (08-25-2018)

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Thanks ,
      Wyr
      God bless

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WyrTwister For This Useful Post:

2010AveoLT (07-23-2018)

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      EAD15 , thanks for posting information about the VCX Nano. I was thinking about buying a Tech-2 Chinese clone for $300 to $400 and ran across some information about the VCX Nano on an other GM vehicle. From what I read, actual US produced GM cars, this VCX Nano works very well. Your post is the first report the VCX Nano works on an Aveo.

BTW I bought a new 2008 Aveo-5 in Dec 2007. It had 52K miles on it and I installed a new timing belt kit 2K miles ago and had some sensor correlation errors. I never touched the crankshaft sensor but I did take off the camshaft position sensor when I did the timing belt kit. My cam sprocket's timing marks were perfectly aligned but I much later determined the cam sprocket sensor needed to be mounter just a little closer to the center of the exhaust camshaft (forward) now the engine runs OK.

I have a question, does the VCX Nano do crankshaft sensor re-learn's like the Tech-2 does. I am guessing it does if it mimics the Tech-2. I watched a Youtube Tech-2 video do a crankshaft relearn in 4 minuets.
      How To: Crankshaft Position Variation Learn - Chevy/GMC Colorado/Canyon

I still have the original TPMS sensors in my 2008. My Aveo friend still has the original battery (always uses a good battery maintainer) in his 2008 Aveo but his TPMS started going bad a year ago.

Again thanks for posting the VCX Nano information.
      Last edited by OG-Lou; 08-25-2018 at 01:02 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OG-Lou For This Useful Post:

2010AveoLT (08-25-2018)

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by OG-Lou View Post
      EAD15 , thanks for posting information about the VCX Nano. I was thinking about buying a Tech-2 Chinese clone for $300 to $400 and ran across some information about the VCX Nano on an other GM vehicle. From what I read, actual US produced GM cars, this VCX Nano works very well. Your post is the first report the VCX Nano works on an Aveo.

BTW I bought a new 2008 Aveo-5 in Dec 2007. It had 52K miles on it and I installed a new timing belt kit 2K miles ago and had some sensor correlation errors. I never touched the crankshaft sensor but I did take off the camshaft position sensor when I did the timing belt kit. My cam sprocket's timing marks were perfectly aligned but I much later determined the cam sprocket sensor needed to be mounter just a little closer to the center of the exhaust camshaft (forward) now the engine runs OK.

I have a question, does the VCX Nano do crankshaft sensor re-learn's like the Tech-2 does. I am guessing it does if it mimics the Tech-2. I watched a Youtube Tech-2 video do a crankshaft relearn in 4 minuets.
      How To: Crankshaft Position Variation Learn - Chevy/GMC Colorado/Canyon

I still have the original TPMS sensors in my 2008. My Aveo friend still has the original battery (always uses a good battery maintainer) in his 2008 Aveo but his TPMS started going bad a year ago.

Again thanks for posting the VCX Nano information.
      The VCXNano I found out is a generic J2534 pass through interface; the part that actually mimics the Tech2 Software is a genuine piece of GM software called Tech2Win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      [QUOTE=2010AveoLT;207959]The VCXNano I found out is a generic J2534 pass through interface; the part that actually mimics the Tech2 Software is a genuine piece of GM software called Tech2Win.

Thanks for the information. I am OK buying tools that I use and that are reasonably priced. I will probably buy a CVXNano. I considered the clone Tec2 for just under $300 but the Nano has a lower price. I have laptop computers, so now I have to figure out the cabling and software.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I bought the VCX Nano and I am learning how to use it. I started a new thread just for the VCX Nano. Anyine that is interested in contributing their experiences using the VCX Nano please post on :

Using this tool or a Tech 2 will eliminate guess work, trying to fix things with unnecessary parts and speed up repairs. One obstacle is learning how to use the tool and where things on the menu are located on the menu screens.

I also suspect some things are missing for Aveos.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OG-Lou For This Useful Post:

2010AveoLT (10-20-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12