•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My front end noise problem finally fixed. Guess what it was?!

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      There are some lessons to be learned here for sure.. I messed up several wheel bearings and knuckles and whatnot due to my negligence by off roading a car that arguably shouldn't be.. it makes me wonder about the typical car shop in general. I have been flossed so many times I gave up winging and just started making my own shop.
      I understand all of this, in fact its embarrassing to say that several thousand dollars was spent 'trying to find a reputable mechanic'.
      I want to put it out to all forum members that the most reputable mechanic is you. Even a beginner who studies his car will know more than the mechanic who is on the dolla, and cares little about this car, or that car, etc...
      Its not an answer but want to ask with all this havok, perhaps you should become a weekend mechanic yourself?? It begs the question. And I have been flossed too, I've got stories upon stories, because I am soft and laid back. Aka money.
      Say I collectively got ripped off three grand with my bills. Think about it, how much three grand could buy tools, if you have any sort of driveway or perhaps a garage. You are the best mechanic, and thats the darn truth.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to northguest47 For This Useful Post:

Hoosiertrucker (08-11-2019)

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by northguest47 View Post
      There are some lessons to be learned here for sure.. I messed up several wheel bearings and knuckles and whatnot due to my negligence by off roading a car that arguably shouldn't be.. it makes me wonder about the typical car shop in general. I have been flossed so many times I gave up winging and just started making my own shop.
      I understand all of this, in fact its embarrassing to say that several thousand dollars was spent 'trying to find a reputable mechanic'.
      I want to put it out to all forum members that the most reputable mechanic is you. Even a beginner who studies his car will know more than the mechanic who is on the dolla, and cares little about this car, or that car, etc...
      Its not an answer but want to ask with all this havok, perhaps you should become a weekend mechanic yourself?? It begs the question. And I have been flossed too, I've got stories upon stories, because I am soft and laid back. Aka money.
      Say I collectively got ripped off three grand with my bills. Think about it, how much three grand could buy tools, if you have any sort of driveway or perhaps a garage. You are the best mechanic, and thats the darn truth.
      I have thought many times about starting my own side business working on other people's cars, and have taken on different jobs at times doing brakes, wheel bearings, tie rods, brake line replacements, etc., but I keep going back to the fact that if something unrelated to the repairs that I've done get blamed for the next thing to fail on "Well, you were the last one to have worked on the car", plus I no longer have access to a garage, and were I live now, they won't even let me change my own oil, but you would be correct in assuming that even a beginner mechanic makes the best diagnoser of their own vehicle.

Simple cars like these aveos make for great learning platforms, as they are basic, simple, and easy to work on, and parts are relatively cheap, and easy to come by, and forums such as this one hold a wealth of knowledge and information. I always subscribe to forums relative to a vehicle I've just purchased, or am working on, because if I can't figure something out, there is always someone out there that has been where I am currently at on a project. Youtube seems to be an indispensable resource as well for information, and walkthroughs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12