•  
    Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Coilovers (crosspost)

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Thanks rabbit. I bought an entire set of spacers (1") with new bolts since I was low on space anyway. I hope they work, but might have to grind the studs down a bit. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

So I guess i am still in for the group by on your adapter kit for my MK1s. I only needed like 5mm and with the size of tire I got there wasn't much I could do as far as adjusting the spring or removing the helper to free up space. However I figured it would be easier and nicer to give my tire plenty of room anyway. I can let you know how it goes

However the Rokkor MK1s should still work on my front correct?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      the mk1 rokkors will be ok with the front, you will be "lower" initially, and also need to grind an additional @8mm from the spindle top to make it work. But they will be acceptable otherwise.

Thanks
      Great thanks, I also just bought some wheel spacers - I attached a picture. I will let you know how install goes... I think I may just offset the back right now so people think I basically have a rear-wheel drive drag car hahaName:  WheelSpacers.jpg
Views: 2759
Size:  42.0 KB

Thanks
      Great thanks, I also just bought some wheel spacers - I attached a picture. I will let you know how install goes... I think I may just offset the back right now so people think I basically have a rear-wheel drive drag car haha

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      where did you get these spacers and for how much? are they hubcentric?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Thanks

Spacers on, Rims On

I mean they are not really hubcentric, they are based on the lug. I don't think I really now how to answer that question lol. And I have a link above to the ebay link I purchased them. They fit perfect for me, correct thread and clearance, but that is if you want like an 1" spacer. They feel solid enough, but I am sure its a lower grade aluminum - so I am sure it won't look pretty long, but it will get the job done. Here is a picture with the shoes on, I am going to raise the back a bit higher, and hopefully get the lowering adapter kit when Rabbit gets the adapters in. Still sitting on my MK1 coilovers for the front. Also cleaned up the engine a bit
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
      Recieved the endlink kit today. I will let you guys know as soon as I can get em on.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      what is the best set of cheap coil overs i can get and what website i wanna sit low when I'm cruising but yet handle my corners with speed.

Thanks
      Rabbit - Just a heads up the MK1 Kit that I got from Rokkor - the fronts did not match up. The spindles spacing between the holes was about 1/4" more than the Coilover. I am not sure if anyone else had this problem, but I broke my bit trying to grind some away. I will have to see if I can run to a machine shop or get some better grinding bits to take care of it :P

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast