•  
    Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Coilovers (crosspost)

Thanks
      Tbh I drive hard but it still handle wonderfully. The number of threads are different but I've measured everything out to the T. I will let you know the difference from each side Whe to go back to work. When I first did the install getting the sway bar out without dropping the subframe was a PIMA so I just cut it out and after I drove I honestly forgot About it. It really plants the car to the road. I just hate roads with patches or sectioned layed highway. I don't drive far and most roads are new so it's a buttery soft ride. Flex pipe rubs alignment rack lifts and smacks speed bumps if I go over dead straight. I enjoy breaking necks ever day driving it

Thanks
      Melveo, where did you get your springs? I finally installed my coilovers, but the ride is rough. Also how thick is the spacer your using? Thanks.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by krazy_85 View Post
      Melveo, where did you get your springs? I finally installed my coilovers, but the ride is rough. Also how thick is the spacer your using? Thanks.
      I bought rsk coilovers and basically street line for mk2. Yes the ride will be rough there's no weight on the rear end so it bounces a lot. I would take the bump stop out anywhere near maxed out. I swapped the rear with stance nation 326 springs at 8k so it's more comfortable but can still get out of hand, check on trans mount too,it could be destoryed by the bouncing. Just happened to me. Design quality -poor. Any pics of your car after leveling it.

Thanks
      Thank you for the info. I have been searching for softer springs, but did not really know where to look. I still got to do some adjustments then I'll post some pics. Thanks again.

Thanks
      Name:  thumb_IMG_0002_1024.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  89.3 KBFinally got the height adjusted. I really wanted to drop the rear. I might be able to lower it just a little bit more with a couple more tweaks. Overall satisfied with the result.

Thanks
      Name:  thumb_IMG_0001_1024.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  98.1 KBI made the mistake of pulling the inner cv joint out while installing. after getting everything set, I put it in gear and no go. I got the bearings back in but once I tried for a test drive the cv joint disassembled again. Any suggestions, much appreciated.

Thanks
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  294.4 KBcan't wait to get the 360 power springs.

Thanks
      Krazy you should tutti find the mk1 coilovers in the rear so it won't be as stiff. I could only max out on mk2 with them. How much threads do you have in the rear left

Thanks
      I got alot of thread left, I decided to chop down the springs 2.5" and grounded them flat. It worked out really good. I gotta take the bump stop out and cut the dust boot on the rear. Then shorten that long spacer that goes between the top mount and top of the spring. By then I will be maxed out. I tried looking for mk1 rears but I'll have to take another look for them.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      you could have bought mk1 for the whole way around. But the car looks good otherwise.. why flat black?

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast