•  
    Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Coilovers (crosspost)

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      the lower you go in the back the bouncier it will get.. adding / keeping some weight helps. But it is why i went to mk1 rears they are about 4" shorter.. (still get the stiff bounce, but no more bottoming out bounce). Did you cut your bump stops?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      No I did not. Did cut the old spring perches from the body, and part of the perch from the bottom. I have 1" hubcentric spacers coming to give me better clearance for the tire. I get the bottoming out bounce, the stiff bounce I can handle. Thats the way the fronts sit now. How hard was it to switch to the mk1 rears?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      just need to buy them, the install is the same as mk2.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hey rabbit, i came across this thread on google and was interested in putting coils on my 06 wave. I know someone who is willing to sell me some mk2 Jetta rokkor coilovers and was wondering how I could get an endlink kit. I've read through everything and see that your not selling them anymore. Is there anywhere i can buy similar parts that will work? thanks

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Your about the 3rd person to say they want them since the last group buy. If 5 people want to get in on it, I will organize another.

If no one is interested, I can provide specs for the parts for you to track down. (5 buyers will save you money).

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Alright sounds good, hopefully some other people come across this soon. Would you be able to give me the specs in the meantime? I'd like to start looking around and be ready in case no one else is interested in the near future. Thanks a lot again

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Awesome! I installed the 1" hubcentric spacers on the back, and brought it up about an inch to get the stiff bounce and it worked. Now back to removing the rear helpers this weekend and probably ordering the mk1 rears to give me the ability to go back down to where it was originally. The whole ride characteristic changed with the 1" spacers on the back, plus it gives me more clearance between the spring and the inside of the tire.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Ok, so now I scrapped the 1" spacers, as I did not want to have to roll the back fender. Swapped them out for quarter inch spacers, and a re-adjustment all the way around. Much better! 1 inch of threads in back, and 1.5 inches of thread in the front.
      Some bounce, but not real bad. Still as stiff as a gocart!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Haven't had internet really since the 7th of august. Went to florida for a few weeks and just moved into a new place..

Sounds like you resolved things on your own. I would love to know the specs of your wheels since your the first with fitment issues..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I went with 15 x 6 wheels with a 195 50 15 tire. I wanted to get low but now until I switch to MK1 rears, I am still sitting pretty high due to the length of the MK2 rears. If you wind them down, you end up resting on the bump stops with no play in the rear shocks.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast