•  
    Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Coilovers (crosspost)

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I was just cleaning out the garage and found 2 sets of the improved thicker brackets. Some hardware, no links.

Anyone interested? $55 Shipped a set, and all you will need to buy is the links.

I also have the rough rear disk brake kit adapter plates. If your interested in those, we will talk about it.

Thanks
      What rear brakes would you use, highly interested in that.Name:  IMG_20190414_220843_416.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  187.8 KB 

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Mk1-mk3 VW rear discs. Including all upgraded options that use that spindle pattern.

Sort of like the coil over, the bracket (one supplied by me, not the car) needs clearance work. It is currently a square block. needs ground to allow the carrier for the caliper to fit. I did not figure out the Ebrake. My plan was to bolt the brakes on with the caliper toward the front, and then "loop" the aveo cable.

According to my measurements, the block will lower the car about 1/2" in the rear, the width I believe was within a few mms.

This was still in R&D for me, but I did install and drive on it to test. I would include additional pictures and assess understanding before sending them.

The brakes are readily available, I have two nearly complete set ups in my garage in a milk crate.

Most expensive brake option to finish the kit (but a visual of what you would need):

https://www.partsplaceinc.com/vw-mk1...xoCU28QAvD_BwE

Thanks
      Update: S13 front coilovers installed, working on rear but for now heres a pic. Widest Stock Body Aveo Tuckin 17x9 Name:  20190423_183638.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  265.6 KB

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      just getting my build started and wonder what people use to build the sway bar links, for the coilover bracket specifically.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031