Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: coilovers anyone??

those are listed by a member on here

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Sure coilovers sound good for the fact that you can adjust the ride height whenever you want, and the perform a little better than stock springs...

The little known issue is that most of the time, after you adjust the spring height, you'll never do it again... Why? Because every time you adjust the springs, you have to (usually) take the wheels off (while on a lift), and turn each screw individually exactly the same height on all four springs or your ride will be... "Different"...

That process alone takes at least 1-2 hours at least... I'd just reccomend just getting lowering springs, it stays the same height, no maintainence or adjustment needed, always looks the same all the time, and best of all, they cost $700-800 less! But that's just me.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

98% of coilovers have v a performance valving matched to the higher rate spring for better handling. and alot of coilovers have adjustable dampening, so are dampening and rebound adjustable.

just for the performance shock matched to a spring rate, you would pay $400-600.. but they are not even available for the aveo.
      that right there is reason enough to consider coilovers, if you can get adjustable dampeinging also that just further benefits. ( i dont think these are adjustable dampening though). you can also choose your drop height, and their is usually a difference in shock length so you can go lower on coilovers than spring with stock design struts.

i have gone with coilovers, and springs, and spring shock kits. believe me the ride difference to a matched set up is worth every penny if you are going to drive the car hard..

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Coil-overs are totally worth every penny. The performance and ride quality are usually a lot better than lowering springs. Adjusting them isn't bad at all. Then of course you can usually go a lot lower than lowering springs....or not as low. Depends on the brand and adjust ability they can usually be adjusted from one extreme to the other in mins (other than the height). Depends on how low you go and what overall diameter tires you're running whether or not you have to take the wheels off to adjust the ride height. My forenza is lowered about 3" and I have to take off the wheels to adjust it but it still takes about an hour. The biggest pain is getting the dirt off the threads to adjust it.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Is there any way to find these now? I'm looking for some for my 2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS Hatchback!